Installing XP over Fedora Core 3

Hello all:

I am currently running Fedora Core 3 on my Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. I
would like to install XP over it. When I insert my XP bootable CD and boot
from it, the screen says it is Getting my system configuration, but less than
a second later, it goes blank (not black, but kind of a dark bluish).
Nothing is displayed after that. I left it running overnight and there
seemed to be no progress (the screen was still blank). I'm not sure if this
is a BIOS problem or what. Here's my system info:

P4 2.8GHz
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 32MB
Sigmatel 9750 Audio controller
BIOS Revision A33
15" XGA panel

Thank you in advance to all pointers toward a possible solution.

Aaron Mitchell
ajwm22@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about installing fedora core

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "AaronMitchell" wrote:

    | Hello all:
    |
    | I am currently running Fedora Core 3 on my Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. I
    | would like to install XP over it. When I insert my XP bootable CD and boot
    | from it, the screen says it is Getting my system configuration, but less than
    | a second later, it goes blank (not black, but kind of a dark bluish).
    | Nothing is displayed after that. I left it running overnight and there
    | seemed to be no progress (the screen was still blank). I'm not sure if this
    | is a BIOS problem or what. Here's my system info:
    |
    | P4 2.8GHz
    | 512MB RAM
    | NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 32MB
    | Sigmatel 9750 Audio controller
    | BIOS Revision A33
    | 15" XGA panel
    |
    | Thank you in advance to all pointers toward a possible solution.
    |
    | Aaron Mitchell

Core Fedora Windows XP