Your question
Solved

OS dillemma

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 8
September 19, 2012 12:08:53 PM

Ey guys,

Lets start with twhat i allready know.
I'm buiding a new system and i have every part of hardware compleetly figured out.
I have not yet order it because after caurefull and long consideration i have chosen to go with Windows 8 as my new OS

Windows 8 is going to be released on the 26th of oktober (or i think it will be in europe)
Thats only a month from now.

Here's the probem:
I thought i could easly hold it out for a month but then yesterday my old pc's graphic card died. I can have it repaired but that will cost money and the card will e gone for about 2-3 months.

---------------If i start buying and building my new system now... then whats the best way to get to windows 8 form there?--------------

cause a new windows 7 home edition is like 89 euro and if i have to upgrade from that to windows 8 with (mediacenter) it will be like 20-40 euro extra but isn't that a compleet waist of the windows 7 i buy?

More about : dillemma

Best solution

September 19, 2012 12:14:29 PM

You could always download the W8RC (I assume it's still out there) and then go full retail on release?
September 19, 2012 12:15:58 PM

I'm not even gonna read past Wondows 8 - because that's your mistake in building the new computer

Enough said...
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2012 12:23:39 PM

download w8rc thats a good thought... i'm gonna see if i can still get it with my pc all broken but who knows.
any there thoughts?

And windows 8 might me something compleetly different than windows 7 butt that doesn't mean its gonna suck like vista did.
Recent performence tests pointed out that w7 and 8 are almost the some in almost every categorie, w8 is even slighly better, and w8 isn"t even really out yet unlike 7. so i think it'll be a great os.
m
l
September 19, 2012 12:28:07 PM

get someone else to download it? Or I'm sure you can find a PC mag with it free.
m
l
September 19, 2012 12:34:16 PM

i'm using a tablet to download it now... I found a windows 8 enterprise RTM version.
Just burn that on a dvd and install on the new pc as main (and only) os right?
and when the real thing comes out i just format my HDD and install the real one?
m
l
September 21, 2012 4:24:48 PM

ASarc said:
i'm using a tablet to download it now... I found a windows 8 enterprise RTM version.
Just burn that on a dvd and install on the new pc as main (and only) os right?
and when the real thing comes out i just format my HDD and install the real one?

Yes this is correct, or just buy the new video card that you were going to purchase for the new pc and temporarily use it in your old one to fix it until you build the new computer.

This is assuming the card you want to purchase is compatible with your current hardware and not requiring any changes.
m
l
September 21, 2012 4:27:59 PM

LOLz, on a side note, if you look at my more information on my post, it says I joined in 1970.

I wasn't even a thought back then for my parents, let alone the fact that this website wasn't a thought either...

LOLz
m
l
!