Laptop Screen Problem

My laptop's screen has switched to a larger view that doesn't use the whole
screen, there's about and inch and a half of black screen on both sides of
the window, and i can't figure out how to get it back to normal. Please Help
Megan
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop screen problem

    right click an open spot on the desktop
    properties
    settings

    change the screen resolution back to what it used to be
    peterk

    "megspurplewall" <megspurplewall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My laptop's screen has switched to a larger view that doesn't use the
    > whole
    > screen, there's about and inch and a half of black screen on both sides of
    > the window, and i can't figure out how to get it back to normal. Please
    > Help
    > Megan

    "megspurplewall" <megspurplewall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My laptop's screen has switched to a larger view that doesn't use the whole
    >screen, there's about and inch and a half of black screen on both sides of
    >the window, and i can't figure out how to get it back to normal. Please Help

    If you have the Intel Mobile Graphics adapter, click on the graphics
    icon in the system tray, and look for the 'Graphics Properties'
    option. It should be in the Graphic Options if you have a system like
    mine. Once there, click on the 'Full Screen (No Border)' box.

    Megan
    right click on your desktop anywere that has no shortcut key and a menus
    will open. left click "properties" then click left click settings then you
    can change your screen size or resolution. you may have to try a couple
    difference setting to get it back to what it was.
    TJ

    "megspurplewall" <megspurplewall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My laptop's screen has switched to a larger view that doesn't use the
    > whole
    > screen, there's about and inch and a half of black screen on both sides of
    > the window, and i can't figure out how to get it back to normal. Please
    > Help
    > Megan

Support Laptop Screen Microsoft Windows XP