IE 6 with XP SP 2 fails to start

When I click the Internet Explorer icon I get this error message

Runtime Error
Program F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE

way.

I have XP SP2, AMD Sempron 2800 1GB DDR 333 RAM,
a WinFast 760GXK8MB mother board (has sound, SiS video,
net card, etc on board)

I tried IE Repair to no avail, and I used Firefox to download
the loader for the IE 6 SP2 which did nothing.

I am going to HAVE to have IE to get updates, MS has seen
to it that you cannot get updates with any other browser.

Has anyone had this problem? Do you have a suggestion for
repair?

David Teague
--
David Teague, http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths

    Hi, David. This is a known compatibility problem with older versions
    of the Google Toolbar. Remove the toolbar and reboot the machine.
    MSIE6 should then be able to start up normally.

    You may then wish to download the latest upgrade to the Google
    Toolbar if you wish to continue using that utility.

    Best I can do for now. <tm>

    Bill

    David Teague wrote:
    > When I click the Internet Explorer icon I get this error message
    >

    > Runtime Error
    > Program F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE
    >
    > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    > unusual way.
    >

    > I have XP SP2, AMD Sempron 2800 1GB DDR 333 RAM,
    > a WinFast 760GXK8MB mother board (has sound, SiS video,
    > net card, etc on board)
    >
    > I tried IE Repair to no avail, and I used Firefox to download
    > the loader for the IE 6 SP2 which did nothing.
    >
    > I am going to HAVE to have IE to get updates, MS has seen
    > to it that you cannot get updates with any other browser.
    >
    > Has anyone had this problem? Do you have a suggestion for
    > repair?
    >
    > David Teague

    Bill,

    Thanks for your response.

    How did you know I have the Google toobar on my IE?
    I didn't mention that! But I do, and that toobar worked
    fine for quite a while after I updated to SP2.

    But I can't remove anything from IE, it won't start.

    Or is there something I don't know about removing
    the Google toolbar.

    David Teague
    --

    "Bill Drake" <bdrake@telus.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, David. This is a known compatibility problem with older versions
    > of the Google Toolbar. Remove the toolbar and reboot the machine.
    > MSIE6 should then be able to start up normally.
    >
    > You may then wish to download the latest upgrade to the Google
    > Toolbar if you wish to continue using that utility.
    >

    > Best I can do for now. <tm>
    >

    > Bill
    >

    > David Teague wrote:
    >> When I click the Internet Explorer icon I get this error message
    >>

    >> Runtime Error
    >> Program F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE
    >>
    >> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    >> unusual way.
    >> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    >>

    >> I have XP SP2, AMD Sempron 2800 1GB DDR 333 RAM,
    >> a WinFast 760GXK8MB mother board (has sound, SiS video,
    >> net card, etc on board)
    >>
    >> I tried IE Repair to no avail, and I used Firefox to download
    >> the loader for the IE 6 SP2 which did nothing.
    >>
    >> I am going to HAVE to have IE to get updates, MS has seen
    >> to it that you cannot get updates with any other browser.
    >>
    >> Has anyone had this problem? Do you have a suggestion for
    >> repair?
    >>
    >> David Teague

    "Bill Drake" <bdrake@telus.net> wrote in message

    > Hi, David. This is a known compatibility problem with older versions
    > of the Google Toolbar. Remove the toolbar and reboot the machine.
    > MSIE6 should then be able to start up normally.
    >
    > You may then wish to download the latest upgrade to the Google
    > Toolbar if you wish to continue using that utility.
    >

    > Best I can do for now. <tm>

    OK, Bill your best is WONDERFUL! THANKS!

    I went to control panel, add remove programs.
    There in plain daylight was Google Toolbar to be
    removed. I did, then BHO Demon (sic) honked that
    I had changed a browser help object, and ....

    EUREKA! IE comes UP! I didn't even have to reboot!

    Again Thanks!
    --
    David Teague, http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
    Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths
    www.dennismasuzzo.com; www.silviodallatorre.com
    www.joelquarrington.com/; For information on Red Mitchell,
    http://home.teleport.com/~mimuma/; www.larryholloway.com

    > Bill
    >

    > David Teague wrote:
    >> When I click the Internet Explorer icon I get this error message
    >>

    >> Runtime Error
    >> Program F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE
    >>
    >> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    >> unusual way.
    >> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    >>

    >> I have XP SP2, AMD Sempron 2800 1GB DDR 333 RAM,
    >> a WinFast 760GXK8MB mother board (has sound, SiS video,
    >> net card, etc on board)
    >>
    >> I tried IE Repair to no avail, and I used Firefox to download
    >> the loader for the IE 6 SP2 which did nothing.
    >>
    >> I am going to HAVE to have IE to get updates, MS has seen
    >> to it that you cannot get updates with any other browser.
    >>
    >> Has anyone had this problem? Do you have a suggestion for
    >> repair?
    >>
    >> David Teague

Internet Explorer Support Windows XP