Need N64 protective sleeves similar to original Nintendo p..

Hi, I'm looking for an inexpensive way of protecting
my n64 cartridges. I seem to remember that the original
Nintendo system came with plastic sleeves to hold the
games. I don't recall if the Super NES came with anything
like this or not. It is too bad that N64 didn't. Has anyone
seen anything like this for the N64?

I haven't been able to find anything affordable so I have
designed my own protective envelopes similar to those
that CDs and VHS cassettes use (using standard office supplies
(paper, glue, scissors, ruler, etc.) They look pretty good but
it is tedious and I need a lot of them. I'm not sure if they
are durable enough to hold up over time.

dos-man
4 answers Last reply
More about need protective sleeves similar original nintendo
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "dos-man" <ChairShot@mail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm looking for an inexpensive way of protecting
    > my n64 cartridges. I seem to remember that the original
    > Nintendo system came with plastic sleeves to hold the
    > games. I don't recall if the Super NES came with anything
    > like this or not. It is too bad that N64 didn't. Has anyone
    > seen anything like this for the N64?

    No, since they aren't necessary.

    > I haven't been able to find anything affordable so I have
    > designed my own protective envelopes similar to those
    > that CDs and VHS cassettes use (using standard office supplies
    > (paper, glue, scissors, ruler, etc.) They look pretty good but
    > it is tedious and I need a lot of them. I'm not sure if they
    > are durable enough to hold up over time.

    Just keep them clean and you won't have any problems. The contacts might
    corrode over time, but your makeshift dust covers won't prevent that.
    Stick
    your cartridges in ziploc bags if you want an airtight seal.

    It has removed 52 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    > > I haven't been able to find anything affordable so I have
    > > designed my own protective envelopes similar to those
    > > that CDs and VHS cassettes use (using standard office supplies
    > > (paper, glue, scissors, ruler, etc.) They look pretty good but
    > > it is tedious and I need a lot of them. I'm not sure if they
    > > are durable enough to hold up over time.
    >
    > Just keep them clean and you won't have any problems. The contacts
    might
    > corrode over time, but your makeshift dust covers won't prevent that.
    > Stick
    > your cartridges in ziploc bags if you want an airtight seal.

    > It has removed 52 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Apparently, most game collectors can do it, but I really can't
    justify not having some type of housing for them.
    Even worthless audio cassettes at a dollar store usually come in
    little plastic cases. Dust is relentless, and how much more valuable
    are our games than those cassettes?

    dos-man
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >> > I haven't been able to find anything affordable so I have
    >> > designed my own protective envelopes similar to those
    >> > that CDs and VHS cassettes use (using standard office supplies
    >> > (paper, glue, scissors, ruler, etc.) They look pretty good but
    >> > it is tedious and I need a lot of them. I'm not sure if they
    >> > are durable enough to hold up over time.
    >>
    >> Just keep them clean and you won't have any problems. The contacts
    > might
    >> corrode over time, but your makeshift dust covers won't prevent that.
    >> Stick
    >> your cartridges in ziploc bags if you want an airtight seal.

    > Apparently, most game collectors can do it, but I really can't
    > justify not having some type of housing for them.
    > Even worthless audio cassettes at a dollar store usually come in
    > little plastic cases. Dust is relentless, and how much more valuable
    > are our games than those cassettes?

    Those cassettes are much more flimsy than the N64's cartridges, though.
    Tapes have moving parts and delicate bits and can scarcely survive the
    heat
    of a car or being dropped. N64 games are indestructible in comparison.

    It has removed 55 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    >Hi, I'm looking for an inexpensive way of protecting
    >my n64 cartridges.

    Back when the system was current, there were plastic boxes about the
    size of a videtape that could hold your N64 cartridge and manual. I
    bought quite a few of them, though these days I still don't have enough
    to house my whole collection. But keep your eyes open - every now and
    then I stumble across a 3-pack of these things at a flea market or an
    older game store.

    Here's a link to a store that still lists the product, even though they
    are sold out:

    http://www.toysavings.com/shop/product.aspx?asin=B00004YV84

Console Gaming N64 Games Nintendo Video Games