Age of Empires DS

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be turn-based,
as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in

> Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
> It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be
> turn-based, as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.

The article that the screenshots came from says that it's turn based:

http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg

They'd need to add a fair bit to it to make a decent turn based game, I'd
have thought. Otherwise it's going to be a very simplistic Civ type game.

"James Sutherland" <james@guybrush.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in
>
> > Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
> > It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be
> > turn-based, as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.
>
> The article that the screenshots came from says that it's turn based:
>
> http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg
>
> They'd need to add a fair bit to it to make a decent turn based game, I'd
> have thought. Otherwise it's going to be a very simplistic Civ type game.

damn, very sad. There is finally a console which has a mouse style interface
which opens up a whole new RTS world to console gamers..... and they cripple
one of the PC worlds biggest RTS'es by making it turn based.......

go nintendo go!!!!

idiots

Wurm wrote:
> "James Sutherland" <james@guybrush.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in
>>

>>>Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
>>>It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be
>>>turn-based, as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.
>>
>>The article that the screenshots came from says that it's turn based:
>>
>>http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg
>>
>>They'd need to add a fair bit to it to make a decent turn based game, I'd
>>have thought. Otherwise it's going to be a very simplistic Civ type game.
>

> damn, very sad. There is finally a console which has a mouse style interface
> which opens up a whole new RTS world to console gamers..... and they cripple
> one of the PC worlds biggest RTS'es by making it turn based.......
>
> go nintendo go!!!!
>
> idiots

Except Nintendo arn't the ones making the game (i'm pretty sure its
Majesco that is.

Go you go!!!!

Idiot

"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1mven$1l0$1@dns3.cae.ca...

> damn, very sad. There is finally a console which has a mouse style
interface
> which opens up a whole new RTS world to console gamers..... and they
cripple
> one of the PC worlds biggest RTS'es by making it turn based.......

You do realise that Civilisation is one of the best games ever created...?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

> *Runs off to install SMAC*

Anyway...

Hopefully Sid will take this as his que for him and firaxis to start
developing for the DS.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

> Hopefully Sid will take this as his que for him and firaxis to start
> developing for the DS.

I would love to see SimGolf come out for the DS, and also Pirates.

AceoHearts