Age of Empires DS

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be turn-based,
as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.
6 answers Last reply
More about empires
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

    "Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in

    > Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
    > It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be
    > turn-based, as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.

    The article that the screenshots came from says that it's turn based:

    http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg

    They'd need to add a fair bit to it to make a decent turn based game, I'd
    have thought. Otherwise it's going to be a very simplistic Civ type game.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

    "James Sutherland" <james@guybrush.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in
    >
    > > Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
    > > It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be
    > > turn-based, as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.
    >
    > The article that the screenshots came from says that it's turn based:
    >
    > http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg
    >
    > They'd need to add a fair bit to it to make a decent turn based game, I'd
    > have thought. Otherwise it's going to be a very simplistic Civ type game.

    damn, very sad. There is finally a console which has a mouse style interface
    which opens up a whole new RTS world to console gamers..... and they cripple
    one of the PC worlds biggest RTS'es by making it turn based.......

    go nintendo go!!!!

    idiots
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

    Wurm wrote:
    > "James Sutherland" <james@guybrush.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Have you seen the screenshots(if they're genuine) of AoE DS?
    >>>It looks to me like a cross between Aoe & Civ. It could also be
    >>>turn-based, as implied by the 'Longbowmen' screen.
    >>
    >>The article that the screenshots came from says that it's turn based:
    >>
    >>http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg
    >>
    >>They'd need to add a fair bit to it to make a decent turn based game, I'd
    >>have thought. Otherwise it's going to be a very simplistic Civ type game.
    >

    > damn, very sad. There is finally a console which has a mouse style interface
    > which opens up a whole new RTS world to console gamers..... and they cripple
    > one of the PC worlds biggest RTS'es by making it turn based.......
    >
    > go nintendo go!!!!
    >
    > idiots

    Except Nintendo arn't the ones making the game (i'm pretty sure its
    Majesco that is.

    Go you go!!!!

    Idiot
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

    "Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:d1mven$1l0$1@dns3.cae.ca...

    > damn, very sad. There is finally a console which has a mouse style
    interface
    > which opens up a whole new RTS world to console gamers..... and they
    cripple
    > one of the PC worlds biggest RTS'es by making it turn based.......

    You do realise that Civilisation is one of the best games ever created...?
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

    > *Runs off to install SMAC*

    Anyway...

    Hopefully Sid will take this as his que for him and firaxis to start
    developing for the DS.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld (More info?)

    > Hopefully Sid will take this as his que for him and firaxis to start
    > developing for the DS.

    I would love to see SimGolf come out for the DS, and also Pirates.

    AceoHearts

Console Gaming Games Video Nintendo Video Games