How to retrieve the activation code after XP is successful..

Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after XP
is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
code I used to activate XP?

Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about retrieve activation code successful

    \system32 - look for wpa.* files

    "Yushan" <Yushan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after
    > XP
    > is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
    > code I used to activate XP?
    >
    > Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.

    RockXP:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/rockxp.html

    Donny Broome
    donny AT broomeman DOT com
    Kill Spyware! Visit:
    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    In news:415277AE-85DB-43E2-8885-20DDBBE672FF@microsoft.com,
    Yushan <Yushan@discussions.microsoft.com> replied with a ;-)
    > Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry)
    > after XP is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve
    > the activation code I used to activate XP?
    >
    > Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.

    It is of very limited use, read here.
    Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
    More info on XP activation.
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP