Asus Ti4600 probs

G

I recently upgraded my system with a ASUS A7V333, XP 1900+, Enermax 431W, 256Mb DDR * 2 and the ASUS V8460Ultra.

Everything runs fine in Windows (either 2000 or XP), but when I run the NVidia Demo's or the 3dMark 2001 SE PRO, they start up fine, I can see the Wolfman or the Squid or Grace or the "games" from 3dMark, but after a while on the demo's and during the 2° pass of the Dragon-test on 3dMark my system goes down.

The monitor goes into standby and the system hangs (fans are still going but that's it), a reboot is necessary to reactivate it. I had this with the 27.42 drivers that came with the card and have the same problem with the newest 28.80 from ASUS.

First I thought it was the sleep-mode or something but constantly moving the mouse during testing or demo produced the same effect so that possibility is out.

Does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong ?

Tnx.

Oh_No

G

Someone suggested a temperature-related problem. After removing the cover of my case, the programs would still crash but after av longer period of time.

I now have put a normal sized table-fan (40cm !!) directly blowing on my ti4600 and the tests and demo's run fine now.

Now I just have to find a more permenant solution...