Sega games on GBA

Last response: in Video Games
March 25, 2005 11:15:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
for what reason.

In case it's not obvious, I'm also trying to put together a shopping list
and seek some friendly recommendations. Any talk on the topic is
appreciated. So we're off!

-KKC, who has decided that any further discussion of his broken finger is
not only self-indulgent but just plain gross. But I can comfortably hold a
controller or the GBA SP in my hands again, so woo!
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

More about : sega games gba

March 26, 2005 6:05:25 AM

Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

> Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
> Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
> purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
> Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
> in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
> sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
> for what reason.
>
> In case it's not obvious, I'm also trying to put together a shopping list
> and seek some friendly recommendations. Any talk on the topic is
> appreciated. So we're off!

I really like Sonic Pinball Party and Pinball of the Dead. Pinball of
the Dead really has some strong HOTD feel to it (relative to being a
pinball game). Sonic Pinball Party has plenty of different stuff going
on; the Nights Board is pleasant, the SOnic board is pretty good, and
the Samba board is very different (I'd say innovative, but I don't play
enough pinball games to say for sure; at least it's probbably the only
pinball rhythm game where you can hear a song from Burning Rangers).
Here's GameFAQ's list of Sega's GBA games; it's obviously incomplete
with the absence of Sega property games like SC5, JGR, Crazy Taxi, etc.:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/1432.html
Advance Columns ( EU)
Astro Boy: Omega Factor ( NA)
Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom ( JP)
Chu Chu Rocket! ( JP)
ChuChu Rocket ( NA)
Columns Crown ( JP)
Comix Zone ( EU)
Greatest Nine ( JP)
J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! Advance ( JP)
Liliput Oukoku ( JP)
Minna de Puyo Puyo ( JP)
Minna de Puyo Puyo: Okai Tokuban ( JP)
Pinball of the Dead, The ( JP)
Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! Advance ( JP)
Puyo Pop ( EU)
Puyo Puyo Fever ( JP)
Sega Rally Championship ( NA)
Sega Rally Championship ( JP)
Shining Force: Kuroki Ryuu no Fukkatsu ( JP)
Shining Soul ( JP)
Shining Soul (Reprint) ( JP)
Shining Soul II ( JP)
Sonic Advance ( NA)
Sonic Advance ( JP)
Sonic Advance ( EU)
Sonic Advance (Reprint) ( JP)
Sonic Advance 2 ( NA)
Sonic Advance 2 ( JP)
Sonic Advance 2 (new) ( JP)
Sonic Advance 3 ( JP)
Sonic Battle ( JP)
Sonic Pinball Party ( NA)
Sonic Pinball Party ( JP)
The Pinball of the Dead ( NA)
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:24:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

You're asking the right person. :)

I don't know much about the European games, but...

Games, USA:

Altered Beast Guardian of the Realms
Astro Boy: The Omega Factor
Chu Chu Rocket
Columns Crown
Crazy Taxi Catch a Ride
Jet Grind Rdio
Phantasy Star Collection
Pinball of the Dead
Puyo Pop
Revenge of Shinobi
Sega Arcade Gallery
Sega Rally
Sega Smash Pack
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Shining Soul
Shining Soul II
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Battle
Sonic Pinball Party
Space Channel 5 Ulala's Cosmic Attack
Super Monkey Ball, Jr.
Virtua Tennis

GBA Video, USA

Sonic X volume 1 - A Super Sonic Hero

Games, Japan

Puyo Puyo Fever
Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon
Sonic Advance 2 budget reprint
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Advance budget reprint
Shining Soul budget reprint
Liliput Kingdom
Astro Boy
Sonic Battle
Sonic Pinball Party
Shining Soul 2
Everybody Puyo Puyo budget reprint
Sega Rally
Sonic Advance 2
Let's make a J League Pro Soccer Club Advance
Greatest Nine
Let's make a Pro Baseball Team Advance
Pinball of the Dead
Shining Soul
Sonic Advance
Columns Crown
Everybody Puyo Puyo
Chu Chu Rocket

Some people would include Advance Guardian Heroes on the list, but I
choose not to since it isn't a Sega game. It was neither developed nor
published by Sega. The original GH on Saturn is copyright Sega, and
every page that mentions the game mentions that fact, but Sega had
nothing to do with the GBA game.
March 26, 2005 10:23:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

In article <4244D173.F6E16A56@nospam.com>,
Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>>
>> Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
>> Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
>> purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
>> Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
>> in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
>> sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
>> for what reason.
>
>I really like Sonic Pinball Party and Pinball of the Dead. Pinball of
>the Dead really has some strong HOTD feel to it (relative to being a
>pinball game). Sonic Pinball Party has plenty of different stuff going
>on; the Nights Board is pleasant, the SOnic board is pretty good, and
>the Samba board is very different (I'd say innovative, but I don't play
>enough pinball games to say for sure; at least it's probbably the only
>pinball rhythm game where you can hear a song from Burning Rangers).

<snip>

Thanks for posting the Gamefaqs list. I haven't even thought about looking
there, not since they went corporate and sold out. :)  I'm not surprised
that the pinball titles impress, since Sega has the unique ability to
isolate the 'feel' of a game and transfer it to another genre (or even
another medium) entirely.

-KKC, who hates time-limited Tomb Raider puzzles.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |
defend human freedom against al-Qaeda, a ruthless | Please don't use
terrorist organization determined to rule the world! | eBay. Ask me why.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 10:35:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

In article <vB41e.4898$H06.1967@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
benstylus <blacklion@juno.com> wrote:
>You're asking the right person. :)
<snip>

Thanks also for that list. I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed that
there aren't more RPGs in that particular part of the library. Sega has
such a huge 8-bit and 16-bit legacy, you would think that more of their
games would be ideal for a remake or an update.

>Some people would include Advance Guardian Heroes on the list, but I
>choose not to since it isn't a Sega game. It was neither developed nor
>published by Sega. The original GH on Saturn is copyright Sega, and
>every page that mentions the game mentions that fact, but Sega had
>nothing to do with the GBA game.

That's as it should be. Treasure developed it and Ubisoft released it, so
AGH isn't really a Sega property the way the Lunar series isn't.

-KKC, who wonders how many people assume that Tekken is a Sony property
and not a Namco property.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |
defend human freedom against al-Qaeda, a ruthless | Please don't use
terrorist organization determined to rule the world! | eBay. Ask me why.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:58:33 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

> Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
> Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
> purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
> Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
> in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
> sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
> for what reason.
>
> In case it's not obvious, I'm also trying to put together a shopping list
> and seek some friendly recommendations. Any talk on the topic is
> appreciated. So we're off!

I've got Altered Beast: GotR, and it's damn good....just one suggestion. :)

One other I've always wanted to, at least, see is that Shinobi on GBA. I
don't know what to make of it from the screenshots...

Also, Benstylus posted, a while back, some videos of various GBA Sega
games...it was pretty hip. I'm sure it's over at Sega Fans right now, still.
:)

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!
- Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 1:30:31 PM

BelPowerslave wrote:

> One other I've always wanted to, at least, see is that Shinobi on GBA. I
> don't know what to make of it from the screenshots...

If you're a fan of the Genesis and arcade Shinobi titles, then it's like
having uncle Frank take you into the shed in the back yard, then telling
you that it's going to be "our little secret".

(that means it's bad, by the way).
!