Sega games on GBA

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
for what reason.

In case it's not obvious, I'm also trying to put together a shopping list
and seek some friendly recommendations. Any talk on the topic is
appreciated. So we're off!

-KKC, who has decided that any further discussion of his broken finger is
not only self-indulgent but just plain gross. But I can comfortably hold a
controller or the GBA SP in my hands again, so woo!
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

    Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

    > Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
    > Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
    > purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
    > Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
    > in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
    > sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
    > for what reason.
    >
    > In case it's not obvious, I'm also trying to put together a shopping list
    > and seek some friendly recommendations. Any talk on the topic is
    > appreciated. So we're off!

    I really like Sonic Pinball Party and Pinball of the Dead. Pinball of
    the Dead really has some strong HOTD feel to it (relative to being a
    pinball game). Sonic Pinball Party has plenty of different stuff going
    on; the Nights Board is pleasant, the SOnic board is pretty good, and
    the Samba board is very different (I'd say innovative, but I don't play
    enough pinball games to say for sure; at least it's probbably the only
    pinball rhythm game where you can hear a song from Burning Rangers).
    Here's GameFAQ's list of Sega's GBA games; it's obviously incomplete
    with the absence of Sega property games like SC5, JGR, Crazy Taxi, etc.:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/1432.html
    Advance Columns ( EU)
    Astro Boy: Omega Factor ( NA)
    Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom ( JP)
    Chu Chu Rocket! ( JP)
    ChuChu Rocket ( NA)
    Columns Crown ( JP)
    Comix Zone ( EU)
    Greatest Nine ( JP)
    J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! Advance ( JP)
    Liliput Oukoku ( JP)
    Minna de Puyo Puyo ( JP)
    Minna de Puyo Puyo: Okai Tokuban ( JP)
    Pinball of the Dead, The ( JP)
    Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! Advance ( JP)
    Puyo Pop ( EU)
    Puyo Puyo Fever ( JP)
    Sega Rally Championship ( NA)
    Sega Rally Championship ( JP)
    Shining Force: Kuroki Ryuu no Fukkatsu ( JP)
    Shining Soul ( JP)
    Shining Soul (Reprint) ( JP)
    Shining Soul II ( JP)
    Sonic Advance ( NA)
    Sonic Advance ( JP)
    Sonic Advance ( EU)
    Sonic Advance (Reprint) ( JP)
    Sonic Advance 2 ( NA)
    Sonic Advance 2 ( JP)
    Sonic Advance 2 (new) ( JP)
    Sonic Advance 3 ( JP)
    Sonic Battle ( JP)
    Sonic Pinball Party ( NA)
    Sonic Pinball Party ( JP)
    The Pinball of the Dead ( NA)
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    You're asking the right person. :)

    I don't know much about the European games, but...

    Games, USA:

    Altered Beast Guardian of the Realms
    Astro Boy: The Omega Factor
    Chu Chu Rocket
    Columns Crown
    Crazy Taxi Catch a Ride
    Jet Grind Rdio
    Phantasy Star Collection
    Pinball of the Dead
    Puyo Pop
    Revenge of Shinobi
    Sega Arcade Gallery
    Sega Rally
    Sega Smash Pack
    Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
    Shining Soul
    Shining Soul II
    Sonic Advance
    Sonic Advance 2
    Sonic Advance 3
    Sonic Battle
    Sonic Pinball Party
    Space Channel 5 Ulala's Cosmic Attack
    Super Monkey Ball, Jr.
    Virtua Tennis

    GBA Video, USA

    Sonic X volume 1 - A Super Sonic Hero

    Games, Japan

    Puyo Puyo Fever
    Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon
    Sonic Advance 2 budget reprint
    Sonic Advance 3
    Sonic Advance budget reprint
    Shining Soul budget reprint
    Liliput Kingdom
    Astro Boy
    Sonic Battle
    Sonic Pinball Party
    Shining Soul 2
    Everybody Puyo Puyo budget reprint
    Sega Rally
    Sonic Advance 2
    Let's make a J League Pro Soccer Club Advance
    Greatest Nine
    Let's make a Pro Baseball Team Advance
    Pinball of the Dead
    Shining Soul
    Sonic Advance
    Columns Crown
    Everybody Puyo Puyo
    Chu Chu Rocket

    Some people would include Advance Guardian Heroes on the list, but I
    choose not to since it isn't a Sega game. It was neither developed nor
    published by Sega. The original GH on Saturn is copyright Sega, and
    every page that mentions the game mentions that fact, but Sega had
    nothing to do with the GBA game.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    In article <4244D173.F6E16A56@nospam.com>,
    Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
    >Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
    >>
    >> Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
    >> Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
    >> purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
    >> Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
    >> in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
    >> sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
    >> for what reason.
    >
    >I really like Sonic Pinball Party and Pinball of the Dead. Pinball of
    >the Dead really has some strong HOTD feel to it (relative to being a
    >pinball game). Sonic Pinball Party has plenty of different stuff going
    >on; the Nights Board is pleasant, the SOnic board is pretty good, and
    >the Samba board is very different (I'd say innovative, but I don't play
    >enough pinball games to say for sure; at least it's probbably the only
    >pinball rhythm game where you can hear a song from Burning Rangers).

    <snip>

    Thanks for posting the Gamefaqs list. I haven't even thought about looking
    there, not since they went corporate and sold out. :) I'm not surprised
    that the pinball titles impress, since Sega has the unique ability to
    isolate the 'feel' of a game and transfer it to another genre (or even
    another medium) entirely.

    -KKC, who hates time-limited Tomb Raider puzzles.
    --
    --S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
    trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |
    defend human freedom against al-Qaeda, a ruthless | Please don't use
    terrorist organization determined to rule the world! | eBay. Ask me why.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    In article <vB41e.4898$H06.1967@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    benstylus <blacklion@juno.com> wrote:
    >You're asking the right person. :)
    <snip>

    Thanks also for that list. I gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed that
    there aren't more RPGs in that particular part of the library. Sega has
    such a huge 8-bit and 16-bit legacy, you would think that more of their
    games would be ideal for a remake or an update.

    >Some people would include Advance Guardian Heroes on the list, but I
    >choose not to since it isn't a Sega game. It was neither developed nor
    >published by Sega. The original GH on Saturn is copyright Sega, and
    >every page that mentions the game mentions that fact, but Sega had
    >nothing to do with the GBA game.

    That's as it should be. Treasure developed it and Ubisoft released it, so
    AGH isn't really a Sega property the way the Lunar series isn't.

    -KKC, who wonders how many people assume that Tekken is a Sony property
    and not a Namco property.
    --
    --S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
    trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |
    defend human freedom against al-Qaeda, a ruthless | Please don't use
    terrorist organization determined to rule the world! | eBay. Ask me why.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    > Given that many Sega titles have been published by UbiSoft, Atlus, Sony,
    > Microsoft, and now Majesco, I haven't been able to find a good general-
    > purpose query for finding out what Sega games have come out on the Gameboy
    > Advance. So without sounding too helpless, does anybody have any interest
    > in putting together the list here on Usenet? If not just for information's
    > sake, this would also be for discussion of what got published, by whom and
    > for what reason.
    >
    > In case it's not obvious, I'm also trying to put together a shopping list
    > and seek some friendly recommendations. Any talk on the topic is
    > appreciated. So we're off!

    I've got Altered Beast: GotR, and it's damn good....just one suggestion. :)

    One other I've always wanted to, at least, see is that Shinobi on GBA. I
    don't know what to make of it from the screenshots...

    Also, Benstylus posted, a while back, some videos of various GBA Sega
    games...it was pretty hip. I'm sure it's over at Sega Fans right now, still.
    :)

    Bel
    --

    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

    "Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
    hanging out!
    - Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    BelPowerslave wrote:

    > One other I've always wanted to, at least, see is that Shinobi on GBA. I
    > don't know what to make of it from the screenshots...

    If you're a fan of the Genesis and arcade Shinobi titles, then it's like
    having uncle Frank take you into the shed in the back yard, then telling
    you that it's going to be "our little secret".

    (that means it's bad, by the way).

Console Gaming Sega Games Video Video Games