TV out - the hard way?

G

Howdy:
I've got a ATI Radeon 32DDR (AGP) with no TV-out, and an old Canopus Pure 3D (PCI) with TV-out, but only 4 MB of memory.
I am thinking of using the Radeon to render the racing sim I want to play on the TV, and put it through the Canopus and out to the TV. I'll have to run the Radeon at 640x480 (highest res for the Canopus).
My question is, since the actual graphics are rendered on the Radeon and NOT the Canopus, do you think the Canopus will suffice in merely passing the image on to the TV screen? Getting the Canopus to 'defer' to the Radeon is not a problem as the sim only runs under DirectX.
Money is not an option, so thanks for your upgrade advice in advance!
THink it will work?

Cheeers!

CH

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
There is an adapter to make the monitor out a tv out, you just have to keep changing it according to which one you want to use.

<font color=red>Computer upgraded, now need a place to live, and a good divorce lawyer.</font color=red>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It don't think it will work. The Pure3D just uses passthru VGA when it's not actually active.

However, please let me know if I am wrong. I have Pure3D for which I have little use, except playing Tombraider 1 when I am feeling nostalgic.

If it doesn't work you can always get a scan converter, like <A HREF="http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=GTM-2000" target="_new">this one</A>. Expensive but you can use it with future video cards.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>