Still cannot installl XP

Hi all,
I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
copy file 'disk1' "

The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.

Please advise
TIA
Guy
3 answers Last reply
More about still installl

    You have to install from the CD.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Guy Cohen" <control@mediatek.co.il> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
    > while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
    > copy file 'disk1' "
    >
    > The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.
    >
    > Please advise
    > TIA
    > Guy

    Hi ... Have a look at this site and see if it can help , Select the options
    you would like to try on the left pane

    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/index.html

    "Guy Cohen" <control@mediatek.co.il> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
    > while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
    > copy file 'disk1' "
    >
    > The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.
    >
    > Please advise
    > TIA
    > Guy

    Guy

    There was a 'special' XP boot diskette available free from www.bootdisk.com
    ... I believe that there is a charge for it these days.. one boots from the
    diskette and then point to the location of winnt.exe on the hard drive.. it
    is a single diskette as opposed to the 'set of six' available from
    Microsoft..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Guy Cohen" <control@mediatek.co.il> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
    > while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
    > copy file 'disk1' "
    >
    > The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.
    >
    > Please advise
    > TIA
    > Guy

Support Microsoft Windows XP