Still cannot installl XP

Hi all,
I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
copy file 'disk1' "

The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.

Please advise
TIA
Guy

You have to install from the CD.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Guy Cohen" <control@mediatek.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
> while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
> copy file 'disk1' "
>
> The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.
>
> Please advise
> TIA
> Guy

Roadrunner

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004

Hi ... Have a look at this site and see if it can help , Select the options
you would like to try on the left pane

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/index.html

"Guy Cohen" <control@mediatek.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I copied the content of the WINXP installation CD to C.
> while trying to install from C (using winnt.exe) I have an error "cannot
> copy file 'disk1' "
>
> The file exists and its not flagged with read only or hidden or system.
>
> Please advise
> TIA
> Guy

Guy

There was a 'special' XP boot diskette available free from www.bootdisk.com
... I believe that there is a charge for it these days.. one boots from the
diskette and then point to the location of winnt.exe on the hard drive.. it
is a single diskette as opposed to the 'set of six' available from
Microsoft..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User