HELP! need to reset screen resolution, monitor does not su..

Hi

Had a nightmare, my lovely monitor just died and I'm back to the emergency
old spare monitor.

Problem is, this monitor does not support the high resolution I had set to
so when XP starts, the monitor goes offline.

Tried booting in safe mode and for some reason, it hangs.

So, I was looking for some way to reset the screen resolution, either by a
keypress within XP which I could perform blind, or, some way to amend the
command/login/something like that.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

MarkW
1 answer Last reply
More about help reset screen resolution monitor

    Maybe if you write down sequence to blindly use keyboard shortcuts to exit
    your old monitor settings page you can choose new monitor resolutions
    while on the old monitor, turning off old monitor before actually
    pushing OK to confirm the new monitor configs. Then blindly/gracefully
    exit windows and swap monitors.

    "Konram" <Konram@_UNIIQUE_ANTISPAM_METHOD_heroinecomics.com> wrote in
    message news:dge2la$dl6$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > Hi
    >
    > Had a nightmare, my lovely monitor just died and I'm back to the emergency
    > old spare monitor.
    >
    > Problem is, this monitor does not support the high resolution I had set to
    > so when XP starts, the monitor goes offline.
    >
    > Tried booting in safe mode and for some reason, it hangs.
    >
    > So, I was looking for some way to reset the screen resolution, either by a
    > keypress within XP which I could perform blind, or, some way to amend the
    > command/login/something like that.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > MarkW

Support Screen Resolution Monitors Windows XP