Where are these files

Often when I have done a search the results are given showing that the
file is located at My Computer. Is this correct? Where is this
location? If I click on the file nothing opens.

Thanks in advance

I'm not really sure, but when you do the search, are you first selecting
'Search files and folders' then from the next ,two boxes, 'search All or
part of the files name' A word or phrase in the file'.
Then, what do have selected in 'Look In'? Is My Computer selected? If so,
that's why those searches show those results..try this. go to start> My
computer and see what's listed there and compare your search results with
the things located in MY Computer.

& "the Old Fart" <nothere@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Often when I have done a search the results are given showing that the
> file is located at My Computer. Is this correct? Where is this location?
> If I click on the file nothing opens.
>
> Thanks in advance

In the Search Window select View, Choose Details and make "In folder"
has been checked. In this column you should see the file path.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
FCA