Hello
I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the printing
preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the shortcut
by sending another to the desktop.

To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations that
I could think of.
Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???

Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate now,
it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that .. it
is a very well constructed database.
Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
--
Thanks for any help ----Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

"TimH" wrote:

> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm
>

> "25or6to4" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the printing
> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the shortcut
> > by sending another to the desktop.
> >
> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations that
> > I could think of.
> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
> >
> > Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate now,
> > it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that .. it
> > is a very well constructed database.
> > Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
> > --
> > Thanks for any help ----
> > 25or6to4

--------------------------------------

I may have claimed a solution too early ... I have been through many sites
at Kelly's .... but I'm STILL having the same problem. My System Restore is
worthless ... it never works .. So, I'm asking again if anyone can help with
the desktop shortcuts send me to the printer preparation program, and not to
the program I am trying to access. -- Thanks for any help ---- 25or6to4

--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

Fitz

Kelly's Korner
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm

--
***
NEVER download files from anywhere unless it is from the website of the

"25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> printing
> preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> shortcut
> by sending another to the desktop.
>
> To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> that
> I could think of.
> Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>
> Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate
> now,
> it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that ..
> it
> is a very well constructed database.
> Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
> --
> Thanks for any help ----Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4
> Tim
> Thanks for the reply...
> Any idea regarding the other problem ??
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4
>

> "TimH" wrote:
>
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm
>>

>> "25or6to4" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
>> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
>> > printing
>> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
>> > shortcut
>> > by sending another to the desktop.
>> >
>> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
>> > that
>> > I could think of.
>> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>> >
>> > Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate
>> > now,
>> > it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that
>> > .. it
>> > is a very well constructed database.
>> > Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
>> > --
>> > Thanks for any help ----
>> > 25or6to4
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> I may have claimed a solution too early ... I have been through many sites
> at Kelly's .... but I'm STILL having the same problem. My System Restore
> is
> worthless ... it never works .. So, I'm asking again if anyone can help
> with
> the desktop shortcuts send me to the printer preparation program, and not
> the program I am trying to access. -- Thanks for any help ---- 25or6to4
>
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4

Can you tell more about the "printer preparation program" ? Perhaps it's a
Windows Installer dialog?

If that's the case, see Windows Installer FAQ:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx

Under "Troubleshooting" section, see:

" Q.Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?
"

-and-

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> printing
> preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> shortcut
> by sending another to the desktop.
>
> To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> that
> I could think of.
> Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>
> Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate
> now,
> it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that ..
> it
> is a very well constructed database.
> Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
> --
> Thanks for any help ----Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4
> Tim
> Thanks for the reply...
> Any idea regarding the other problem ??
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4
>

> "TimH" wrote:
>
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm
>>

>> "25or6to4" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
>> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
>> > printing
>> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
>> > shortcut
>> > by sending another to the desktop.
>> >
>> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
>> > that
>> > I could think of.
>> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
>> >
>> > Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate
>> > now,
>> > it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that
>> > .. it
>> > is a very well constructed database.
>> > Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
>> > --
>> > Thanks for any help ----
>> > 25or6to4
>
> --------------------------------------
>
> I may have claimed a solution too early ... I have been through many sites
> at Kelly's .... but I'm STILL having the same problem. My System Restore
> is
> worthless ... it never works .. So, I'm asking again if anyone can help
> with
> the desktop shortcuts send me to the printer preparation program, and not
> the program I am trying to access. -- Thanks for any help ---- 25or6to4
>
> --
> Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4

Hello Ramesh, and thank you for your reply.

I takes me to the Printer set-up box, where I choose prefences, number of
pages, fit to screen, page numbering, number of pages, portriate view, or
regular page, exactly as if I was going to print ... and when I went ahead
and allowed one to print, it printed the aspects of the program I'm trying to
log onto, etc.
There are no error numbers assigned to this site,
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Can you tell more about the "printer preparation program" ? Perhaps it's a
> Windows Installer dialog?
>
> If that's the case, see Windows Installer FAQ:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx
>
> Under "Troubleshooting" section, see:
>
> " Q.Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
> installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?
> "
>
> -and-
>
> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
>
> How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
> http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I'm having a problem I hope someone will be able to help me with.
> > When I click on any AND all desktop shortcuts, it directs me to the
> > printing
> > preparation, this happens no matter what I do .. even if I clean the
> > shortcut
> > by sending another to the desktop.
> >
> > To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or program alterations
> > that
> > I could think of.
> > Can someone offer suggestions and solutions ???
> >
> > Also, I have been trying to locate a reference site that I can;t locate
> > now,
> > it was a database called "KellysKorner" or something similar to that ..
> > it
> > is a very well constructed database.
> > Does anyone know the URL to get this program???
> > --
> > Thanks for any help ----Thanks for any help ----
> > 25or6to4
> > Tim
> > Thanks for the reply...
> > Any idea regarding the other problem ??
> > --
> > Thanks for any help ----
> > 25or6to4
> >

> > "TimH" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm

> > --------------------------------------
> >
> > I may have claimed a solution too early ... I have been through many sites
> > at Kelly's .... but I'm STILL having the same problem. My System Restore
> > is
> > worthless ... it never works .. So, I'm asking again if anyone can help
> > with
> > the desktop shortcuts send me to the printer preparation program, and not
> > the program I am trying to access. -- Thanks for any help ---- 25or6to4
> >
> > --
> > Thanks for any help ----
> > 25or6to4

I didn't mention in the original, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
printer software/hardware to see if the problem was the printer, and the
problem still there ...
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4