Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nintendo DS games across regions

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 12:31:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

Hi

My nephew is in UK and he has a DS. I wanted to send him a few games
from US. Is there any region encoding with these games? Are the US
games compatible with a UK DS portable? (I was planning on sending
Super Mario 64 first, in case compatibility is game dependent)

Thanks for your time.

More about : nintendo games regions

April 3, 2005 7:36:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

DNA inquired...

> My nephew is in UK and he has a DS.
> I wanted to send him a few games
> from US. Is there any region encoding
> with these games?

With the DVD format, there is, but you are just talking about a cartridge
format, which should be fine.

Cheers!
--
I am the fish and I approve this message.
______________
=====fish=====
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 8:54:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112542269.926438.120980@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi
>
> My nephew is in UK and he has a DS. I wanted to send him a few games
> from US. Is there any region encoding with these games? Are the US
> games compatible with a UK DS portable? (I was planning on sending
> Super Mario 64 first, in case compatibility is game dependent)
>
> Thanks for your time.
>

The DS is region free, games from any country will work on it. I Have a UK
and US DS in the house, I use japanese, american and UK games on both
without problems. Hope that helps :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 9:37:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112542269.926438.120980@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi
>
> My nephew is in UK and he has a DS. I wanted to send him a few games
> from US. Is there any region encoding with these games? Are the US
> games compatible with a UK DS portable? (I was planning on sending
> Super Mario 64 first, in case compatibility is game dependent)
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
I have a North American DS(I'm from the UK and I couldn't wait) and my son
has got a UK one that I got him for Easter.
Not only do they both play NA & UK games, but they download and Pictochat to
each other as well.
Therefore there can't be any sort of region encoding at all.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 5:28:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

"Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.net> wrote in message
news:D RV3e.4357$vv2.3474@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...
> I have a North American DS(I'm from the UK and I couldn't wait) and my son
> has got a UK one that I got him for Easter.
> Not only do they both play NA & UK games, but they download and Pictochat
> to each other as well.
> Therefore there can't be any sort of region encoding at all.

Actually, there still could be some sort of region encoding, between
individual games. A UK copy of a multiplayer game that requires (or uses)
multiple copies of the game may not work with a US or Jap version of the
same game. This could be done intentionally, or just be a result of changes
to the game code when langauge changes were made, or when a game was patched
before being released into another country.

--
figmentPez
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 11:04:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

DNA wrote:

Thank you all for the replies. That certainly helped. He told me that
he has some "Ping Pals" game currently.

I want to introduce the plumber to him as soon as possible.

Cheers!!
Anonymous
November 16, 2009 5:03:13 AM

great! I had the same question. What about Wii games???
November 16, 2009 4:59:28 PM

Wait until 2013, early 2014. You should get your answer around then.
!