Windows Computer Locked

Whenever I walk away from my computer and come back after a few minutes or
hours I get the computer is locked screen. How do I disable this function? I
unchecked prompt for password under Hibernation and all settings are set to
never.

Thanks in advance.
6 answers Last reply
More about windows computer locked

    Is this your computer at work?

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "razornt" <razornt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I walk away from my computer and come back after a few minutes or
    > hours I get the computer is locked screen. How do I disable this function?
    > unchecked prompt for password under Hibernation and all settings are set
    > never.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Its is the Screen Saver section: "On resume, Password Protect"
    "razornt" <razornt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I walk away from my computer and come back after a few minutes or
    > hours I get the computer is locked screen. How do I disable this function?
    > unchecked prompt for password under Hibernation and all settings are set
    > never.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Welcome Screen Appears After Your Computer Has Been Idle:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810607

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "razornt" <razornt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I walk away from my computer and come back after a few minutes or
    > hours I get the computer is locked screen. How do I disable this function?
    > unchecked prompt for password under Hibernation and all settings are set
    > never.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Yes, does it make a difference if I am attached to a domain?

    Thanks again for your help.

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > Is this your computer at work?
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "razornt" <razornt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I walk away from my computer and come back after a few minutes or
    > > hours I get the computer is locked screen. How do I disable this function?
    > > unchecked prompt for password under Hibernation and all settings are set
    > > never.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    Your IS/IT Dept. sets it up that way for security reasons. You probably
    can't change it but if you do you could be reprimanded or fired. Is it
    worth it?

    > Yes, does it make a difference if I am attached to a domain?
    >
    > Thanks again for your help.
    >
    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    >> Is this your computer at work?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ted Zieglar
    >> "You can do it if you try."
    >>
    >> "razornt" <razornt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Whenever I walk away from my computer and come back after a few minutes
    >> > or
    >> > hours I get the computer is locked screen. How do I disable this
    >> > function?
    >> > unchecked prompt for password under Hibernation and all settings are
    >> > set
    >> > never.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance.

    I'm in the IT dept. and I need to disable this feature for the owner of the
    business.

    Any ideas.

    "ras" wrote:

    > Your IS/IT Dept. sets it up that way for security reasons. You probably
    > can't change it but if you do you could be reprimanded or fired. Is it
    > worth it?
    >

    > "razornt" <razornt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes, does it make a difference if I am attached to a domain?
    > >
    > > Thanks again for your help.
    > >
    > > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is this your computer at work?
    > >>
    > >> --