I was in the process of updating my bluetooth software when the computer
crashed. When I tried re-booting - the system hung. I tried booting in safe
mode and the sytem hung again whilst trying to initiate the system.log file

I then tried a boot disk, this also hung the system, then tried to
re-install windows and when I pressed f8 to agree to the terms and conditions
it went to a blue screen saying:
registry_error
with the technical information
***stop: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x0000000, 0x00000000, 0xE1279000)

I only need to be able to get back into dos to be able to format the disc,
but at the moment, nothing seems to be working.

Please help!!
Dave

Sounds like a registry hive is knackered.
Did you try 'Last Know Good' configuration ?

If you are trying to reinstall XP then you could try booting of the XP CD
and chosing the repair option.

Good Luck,

Tim

"BigDave" wrote:

> I was in the process of updating my bluetooth software when the computer
> crashed. When I tried re-booting - the system hung. I tried booting in safe
> mode and the sytem hung again whilst trying to initiate the system.log file
>
> I then tried a boot disk, this also hung the system, then tried to
> re-install windows and when I pressed f8 to agree to the terms and conditions
> it went to a blue screen saying:
> registry_error
> with the technical information
> ***stop: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x0000000, 0x00000000, 0xE1279000)
>
> I only need to be able to get back into dos to be able to format the disc,
> but at the moment, nothing seems to be working.
>
> Please help!!
> Dave

Hi TimH,

I tried the last known good config, and the repair option, they also crashed
:(

Any ideas?

Thanks In Advance
Dave