connector pinout and cable?

Hi All,

I'm trying to design something for the Game Boy Advance SP and I'd like to
get both audio and power out of the ext. 2 connector. Can anyone point me
to the pinout? Does anyone know how much power I can draw? Can anyone tell
me where I might find a cable that has all the pins and wires (maybe cut one
off of some other product?)?

I've been all through the faqs and google groups search with no luck (lots
about the other, 6 pin connector).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rich

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:55:37 -0700, "Rich West" <rw@richwest.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm trying to design something for the Game Boy Advance SP and I'd like to
>get both audio and power out of the ext. 2 connector. Can anyone point me
>to the pinout? Does anyone know how much power I can draw? Can anyone tell
>me where I might find a cable that has all the pins and wires (maybe cut one
>off of some other product?)?

I don't know of any online info but if you have a meter handy you can
check and find out which pins for power and if you have audio adapter
find out which is for audio as well. ince the port is propierty
design I doubt you're going to find a blank connector for a DIY
project.

Another thing, I'm not sure if you can get power *out* of the
connector, it may be *in* only for recharging battery.