error 105

I have not been albe to install anything containing ms-dos , I recopied
autoexe and confignt files and now get new messages, missing shell.dll and
error 105 set up has encounter an illegal instruction with numerous sub
errors
2 answers Last reply
More about error

    "Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767&Product=winxp

    "Troubleshooting MS-DOS-based programs in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314106

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "20/20plus" <2020plus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have not been albe to install anything containing ms-dos , I recopied
    > autoexe and confignt files and now get new messages, missing shell.dll and
    > error 105 set up has encounter an illegal instruction with numerous sub
    > errors

    Thanks but not very helpful the dos prompt does appear when I command.com

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > "Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    > program"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767&Product=winxp
    >
    > "Troubleshooting MS-DOS-based programs in Windows XP"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314106
    >
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    > "You can do it if you try."
    >
    > "20/20plus" <2020plus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have not been albe to install anything containing ms-dos , I recopied
    > > autoexe and confignt files and now get new messages, missing shell.dll and
    > > error 105 set up has encounter an illegal instruction with numerous sub
    > > errors

Support Microsoft Windows XP