I have not been albe to install anything containing ms-dos , I recopied
autoexe and confignt files and now get new messages, missing shell.dll and
error 105 set up has encounter an illegal instruction with numerous sub
errors

"Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767&Product=winxp

"Troubleshooting MS-DOS-based programs in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314106

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"20/20plus" <2020plus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have not been albe to install anything containing ms-dos , I recopied
> autoexe and confignt files and now get new messages, missing shell.dll and
> error 105 set up has encounter an illegal instruction with numerous sub
> errors

Thanks but not very helpful the dos prompt does appear when I command.com