Help Needed: Info on a Nintendo branded TV/VCD combo player

hammer

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2001

Ok guys, I found three of these units yesterday and was curious to find
out more about where they came from.

They are combo TV/VCD Players from CMI Worldwide. Bright red in color
with the Nintendo logo on the front above the screen.

The Video CD player plays when the system is plugged in and starts to
play a VCD of Nintendo promos from a Nintendo issued CD when the N64 and
GBC were in style.

The buttons on the front do not seem to do anything to control the VCD
player, it just repeats over and over.

There is a standard AC plug in the back that takes the XBox/DC power
cords to run. It also has a small 12v power port on the back which I
have no idea what use it is for along with coaxial and RCA imput ports.

Any help on seeing if these units are good for anything would be great.
Please resond here and thanks in advance!

Here is a photo of the unit playing the VCD promo disc.

http://www.matthewandjenny.net/images/nintendotv.jpg

Hammer <hammer@yahoo.com> wrote in news:vgd7e.477$yO2.127@lakeread07:

> Ok guys, I found three of these units yesterday and was curious to find
> out more about where they came from.
>
> They are combo TV/VCD Players from CMI Worldwide. Bright red in color
> with the Nintendo logo on the front above the screen.
> http://www.matthewandjenny.net/images/nintendotv.jpg

I have never seen anything like that before. Without knowing more or
getting a better look at it, it seems like it may be some sort of non-
playable demo unit. I'm noticing the plainness of it, and the fact that
the buttons don't seem to have any obvious labels. Maybe they do, and
it's not visible from the picture, I dunno. Also, VCD was never popular
in North America, so the most likely use for the thing would be demos.

I'd be interested in hearing any other information you find on this.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com