Mohan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

Hi All,

I am having this problem since last week. I started my computer in
safe mode and when i try to log in, I get the following message

"This copy of windows must be activated with Microsoft beofre you can
continue. Because activation cannot occur in safe mode, please restart
the computer in normal mode to activate windows."

The problem is that i have already activated the copy and have been
using it for some time without any problems. I have not upgraded my
machine, so its not some new hardware thats causing the problem. I am
unable to restart my computer in normal mode. I cant even log in the
safe mode to use the MSCONFIG to start in normal. Also I have tried
hitting F8 and have tried pretty much every options but to no vail. I
am not sure what to do next.

I would appreciate any help

Thanks
MB

Windows XP Logs You Off When You Try to Activate the Product
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330136

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP