Hi all,

On WinXP Pro I can access "gpedit.msc" to change the QoS bandwidth to speed
up my DSL connection. Unfortunately gpedit is not available on WinXP Home.
Is there a way to change it through the registry?

Thanks,
Ivan

"There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup
postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth
for QoS. These claims are incorrect. The information in the "Clarification about
QoS in end computers that are Running Windows XP" section correctly describes
the behavior of Windows XP systems."

Reference:

Windows XP Quality of Service (QoS) enhancements and behavior
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316666

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP