System recovery (post-virus)

Hi guys,

I need your help with this issue..

We have had a virus in 20 pc's installed with Windows XP.
The virus harm the installation to a point that we cannot start win xp in
any mode (normal, safe, etc).
We tried to recover the system from the installation cd-rom running a repair
but it was helpless.

Is there any other method of recovering the system?
Perhaps something with the recovery console?
Is there any way in which i can restore to a previous state from the
recovery console? or can i copy the registry files of a healthy installation
in the harmed installation?

Thanks in advance for any comment :)

Daniel

Why not simply restore from a known good backup?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"News Microsoft" <dabella@internet.com.uy> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> I need your help with this issue..
>
> We have had a virus in 20 pc's installed with Windows XP.
> The virus harm the installation to a point that we cannot start win xp in
> any mode (normal, safe, etc).
> We tried to recover the system from the installation cd-rom running a
repair
> but it was helpless.
>
> Is there any other method of recovering the system?
> Perhaps something with the recovery console?
> Is there any way in which i can restore to a previous state from the
> recovery console? or can i copy the registry files of a healthy
installation
> in the harmed installation?
>
> Thanks in advance for any comment :)
>
> Daniel

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Daniel" wrote:

| Hi guys,
|
| I need your help with this issue..
|
| We have had a virus in 20 pc's installed with Windows XP.
| The virus harm the installation to a point that we cannot start win xp in
| any mode (normal, safe, etc).
| We tried to recover the system from the installation cd-rom running a repair
| but it was helpless.
|
| Is there any other method of recovering the system?
| Perhaps something with the recovery console?
| Is there any way in which i can restore to a previous state from the
| recovery console? or can i copy the registry files of a healthy installation
| in the harmed installation?
|
| Thanks in advance for any comment :)
|
| Daniel

This are client computers and we dont have backups :(
And, we cant get into windows to use the backup/restore utility.

Thanks,

Daniel