Don't buy the new Geforceboards

G

I'm vindicated! Visiontek is initiating a recall of bad boards! Yes, most of them are great, but the boards have a problem in some cases. So much for the "troll" posters!

Sorry about that Chuck 232. Some of these boards have serious problems, glad yours doesn't. P.S. I don't post without evidence. Nuff said?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by EasyGoEasyCome on 04/29/02 00:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
What a shame. Mine isn't. Works great. VisionTek G4 ti4600.
What problem did you have?

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
But he is a troll...-) he's posting bad stuff about GF4's in multiple places.

My Visiontek TI 4600 is awsome, i swear by it, i highly recommend it. So does a close friend of mine who swears by his Visiontek TI 4400.

There is such thing as a bad computer day...like a bad hair day...only some people never recover and have to committed to troll hospitals.

"WtF? Package just said silver stuff, why won't the HSF come off?" - Failed A+ 6 times

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Leadtek Ti 4400........stable as can be.....

The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
ATi Radeon 8500 64mb Retails works just fine........... Oppps that not a Geforce :tongue: ...... That so, i'll say if everyone else's GeForce 4 boards are working fine there is no problem at all.....

You GeForce Ti4xxx is faster then my R8500 but my R8500 is the king of Aniso baby :cool:

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
It's a good thing he didn't have a 8500 in there or he would be burning ATI.
I am glad the rest of his machine is perfect.

:lol:

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Trolls are evil creatures that live in the forest.
They are almost impossible to get rid of, if you cut an arm
it will simply grow back after awhile.
The only way to waste them is to burn em´.

Yeah, well...not really, but the modern trolls share
a lot of similarities with the old ones... :smile:

This is my new sig.

G

Uh well, maybe it's your chipset. I have a MSI GeForce 2 GTS with an Athlon 750, and a AMD Irongate 750 chipset (751 Northgate, and Viper 756 Southbridge). Gateway didn't give me a choice of motherboards. My card works a bit choppy from time to time. Maybe drivers or BIOS or whatever. I'm doomed to AGP 2X.

RDBRUSKI

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
Leadtek Geforce Ti4400
Asus A7V333 mobo

Runs perfect right out of the box.

If I'm having problems with it, I can't tell as I sure am having fun playing Dungeon Siege on it.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
doubtful.. only thing I do know besides being perfectly satisfied with all of the ati and nvidia boards I have used is that they are stable when good drivers etc are used with them .. except of course the soyo p4s dragon ultra .. it can not use ANY geforce 4 board at all !!! you have to rma the mainboard for a fix involving replacing components on the board ..

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Matisaro is wright,the guy is a troll,no more,no less.

The faster a computer is, the faster it will reach a crashed state :eek:

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Hey man! are you calling me a liar?!! cos if you are.... mmmmm... ice...cream...
[drool]

<font color=red><b>A man is only as old as the woman he feels</b></font color=red>

CrownV3

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
I've talk with techs from different PC shops and they all say there something wrong with the G4 boards, but I think its a problem with the via chipset mobos. I still have no proof to confirm this, but it's starting to become a common thing around this interweb thingy. :D

eden

Champion
Oh please not another VIA blaming. The GF4 boards came AFTER VIA's newest chipsets, it's up to Nvidia or whoever brand did the board, to fix and address this issue.
VIA's newest chipset drivers contain new AGP drivers, maybe that helps, but please no more VIA blaming until a new chipset is out.
But again since you have no proof, what I just said above applies to future blamers! :wink:

--
Thunderbirds in wintertime, Northwoods in summertime! :lol: