Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Double Click Problem on Desktop Folders

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 8:07:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder opens.
How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?

Thanks
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 8:10:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,
See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
news:YBFWe.1787$H24.1058@fe11.lga...
> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
opens.
> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 8:27:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I too, am having the EXACT same problem...
How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
tarawa667

"Stu Michaels" wrote:

> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder opens.
> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 4:33:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Don,

Thanks. The quick fix worked!

Stu Michaels

"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
news:o X8$zZwuFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:YBFWe.1787$H24.1058@fe11.lga...
>> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
>> to
>> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
>> Search
>> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
> opens.
>> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>>
>> Thanks
>
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:48:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad that David Candy's quickfix worked for
you.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
news:L0NWe.7397$TA2.1581@fe09.lga...
> Don,
>
> Thanks. The quick fix worked!
>
> Stu Michaels

> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
> news:o X8$zZwuFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> > See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

> > "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
> > news:YBFWe.1787$H24.1058@fe11.lga...
> >> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
> >> to
> >> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
> >> Search
> >> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
> > opens.
> >> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
September 17, 2005 11:44:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Have a look here..
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

"tarawa667" <tarawa667@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C4D474FB-D224-4885-9ED6-130946498C13@microsoft.com...
>I too, am having the EXACT same problem...
> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
> tarawa667
>
> "Stu Michaels" wrote:
>
>> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
>> to
>> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
>> Search
>> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
>> opens.
>> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>>
!