Double Click Problem on Desktop Folders

I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder opens.
How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?

Thanks

Hi,
See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
opens.
> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>
> Thanks

I too, am having the EXACT same problem...
How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
tarawa667

"Stu Michaels" wrote:

> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder opens.
> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>
> Thanks

Don,

Thanks. The quick fix worked!

Stu Michaels

> Hi,
> See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
>> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
>> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
> opens.
>> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
>>
>> Thanks

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad that David Candy's quickfix worked for
you.

> Don,
>
> Thanks. The quick fix worked!
>
> Stu Michaels

> > Hi,
> > See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

> > "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
> >> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
> >> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
> >> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
> > opens.
> >> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Have a look here..