Double Click Problem on Desktop Folders

I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder opens.
How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about double click problem desktop folders

    Hi,
    See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE]

    "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
    > be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
    > Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
    opens.
    > How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
    >
    > Thanks

    I too, am having the EXACT same problem...
    How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
    tarawa667

    "Stu Michaels" wrote:

    > I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used to
    > be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the Search
    > Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder opens.
    > How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
    >
    > Thanks

    Don,

    Thanks. The quick fix worked!

    Stu Michaels

    > Hi,
    > See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Don
    > [MS MVP- IE]
    >
    > "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
    >> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
    >> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
    > opens.
    >> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad that David Candy's quickfix worked for
    you.

    > Don,
    >
    > Thanks. The quick fix worked!
    >
    > Stu Michaels

    > > Hi,
    > > See: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

    > > "Stu Michaels" <stuphyl[at]optonline.net> wrote in message
    > >> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
    > >> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
    > >> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
    > > opens.
    > >> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?

    Have a look here..

    "tarawa667" <tarawa667@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I too, am having the EXACT same problem...
    > How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
    > tarawa667
    >
    > "Stu Michaels" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm running XP Home, SP2. I have a few folders on the desktop. I used
    >> be able to double click them to open. Now, double click causes the
    >> Results task to start. If I right click and select Open, the folder
    >> opens.
    >> How do I fix this and what caused it to happen?
    >>
    >> Thanks

Desktops Windows XP