IE6 problem

I am unable to open links in e-mails, Word documents without starting Word
and open saved HTML pages. If I run a proram called IEFix, the prpblems
disappear temporarily, but shortly return. I have run NAV, Adaware Plus,
Spybot S&D and the system is clean.

I found one thread here that said it was possible to reinstall IE by finding
the IF.inf file and reinstalling it. When I searched for the file, I found
four: one in C:\I386, a hidden one in C:\WINDOWS\INF, one in
C:|WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 and a hidden one in
C:|WINDOWS\$ServicePackUnistall$.

Is reinstallin this file a valid way to fix my problem and, if so, which do
I use?

Thanks

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC
/SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File
Checker (Sfc.exe):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--
Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for Windows Antispy
"DocZ" <DocZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to open links in e-mails, Word documents without starting Word
> and open saved HTML pages. If I run a proram called IEFix, the prpblems
> disappear temporarily, but shortly return. I have run NAV, Adaware Plus,
> Spybot S&D and the system is clean.
>
> I found one thread here that said it was possible to reinstall IE by
finding
> the IF.inf file and reinstalling it. When I searched for the file, I found
> four: one in C:\I386, a hidden one in C:\WINDOWS\INF, one in
> C:|WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 and a hidden one in
> C:|WINDOWS\$ServicePackUnistall$.
>
> Is reinstallin this file a valid way to fix my problem and, if so, which
do
> I use?
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS