What's the best wireless solution for interstate travel?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 11, 2004 9:56:03 PM

We're driving from Baltimore to Minneapolis in three weeks. I can hook up to my Nextel phone
for access to the internet but I was wondering if there's a better solution.
June 12, 2004 8:56:55 AM

Jim <stoicREMOVEjim@aequalis.com> wrote in

> We're driving from Baltimore to Minneapolis in three weeks. I can hook
> up to my Nextel phone for access to the internet but I was wondering
> if there's a better solution.

Your best bet is if you happen to run at a gas station that has wireless
internet. I recently came back from a road trip, and it was nice that some
gas stations had wireless access for free internet. If you're staying at a
hotel, that could also have wireless internet. If it does, charges vary
from free to (in my experience) $10 an hour. Also, see if your ISP also
has nationwide dial-up numbers. Cheers! --Jago
!