Error 1606 - not happy

There have been many attempted answers for this question and many different
ways the question has been asked but is there a definitive answer?

I can install any program other than my Samsung Phone Suite and my Palm
Tungsten T Desktop suite. Both times I get the error

Error1606: Could not access network location %systemdrive%\documents and
settings\ all users.windows.

I am not on a network, I have XP pro and am fully patched up. I have tried
the Microsoft registry solutions. Both these programs are to do with
synchronizing or connecting to remote hardware. The path
c:\%systemdrive%\documents and settings\all users.windows does exist. The
permissions are all fine. I am an administrator with access to all folders.

Lots of people have had this problem and have not found a satisfactory
answer. I don't think anything is corrupted (though of course it may be).

Does anyone know anything about this problem - it would help a lot of people.

Thank you

David

In your case %systemdrive% = C:

c:\%systemdrive% is NOT correct.

What is all users.windows ?

There should be a
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
not
C:\Documents and Settings\all users.windows.

Make sure that the User Shell Folders are correct in the registry per this
article.

You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove
a Microsoft program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886549

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.