mDNSResponder.exe trying to access internet or call home

I upgraded iTunes a couple of days ago. Now all of a sudden my
virus/firewall software is popping up messages the mDNSResponder is trying to
access the net. The file is located in c:\Program Files\Bonjour along with
some other new files. I tried to delete the Bonjour file, but it will not
let me delete them. I know the program got on my computer is from updating
iTunes and it is from Apple but I want to know how to get it off. Any
suggestions? By the way, I have contacted Apple, but I am concerned they may
give me the run around.

It added Bonjour Service to the Windows XP Services folder. This service
starts automatically and runs a process named mDNSResponder.exe which cannot
be ended by Windows Task Manager. Uninstalling the software does not remove
the service. You can disable it, but not remove it from your system. And
unless you disable and stop it, you will not be able to delete the folder
with the file mDNSResponder.exe in it.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for Windows Antispy