Sign in with
Your question

only $245 per incident!!!! What a bargain!

Last response: in Windows XP
December 25, 2003 3:58:39 PM

Wow! Microsoft has the <b>BEST</b> customer support in the world! After they charge you $199 US (or more), you get to <i>pay for customer service as well...and not just a one time fee...no no no...you have to pay <b>per incident</b></i>. Isn't Bill Gates the best!?! $245 bucks per incendent. Oh, and online support is only $99 US on top of whatever outrageous price you paid for your Macro$uck OS. I knew there was a reason that I switched to linux.

<A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer02a&sd=GN#faq1399" target="_new">http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer02a&sd=GN#faq1399</A>

Gotta Love it...make money money money and more money at the expense of John Q Public. As if he didn't have enough already. Hell, it's 315 bucks for Microsoft Office and thats a price that <i>doesn't</i> include Customer Support? Holy SHiot...it's like paying full price for a new car and not getting squat for a warranty. It's highway friggen robbery. What a bunch of A-holes.

----------
<b>It is always brave to say what everyone thinks. </b> <i>Georges Duhamel</i>

TKS

More about : 245 incident bargain

December 26, 2003 5:59:08 AM

<""

* No-charge support may be available for your product.

"">

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
December 26, 2003 5:49:38 PM

To be honest I really do not know what you're crying about. Not to mention you said you run l*nux, so I can only assume this is a half-ass attempt at trolling.

People are going to get tech support from the companies that they bought the computer from, no need to contact MS for support. If you built your own, then I would hope you have enough common sense to search around the thing called the internet which you can probably find an answer to almost any problem.

So, if you didn't go with an OEM or built your own and aren't smart enough to fix it yourself or find the answer. Yes they are going to stick it to you.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 27, 2003 1:08:07 AM

nah just using sarcasm, not trolling.

----------

TKS
December 27, 2003 2:03:03 PM

Other than patches (which are free), I have no use for MS support... so they could charge as much as they want per incident. :smile:

If I actually needed support, then I'd be a little miffed.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
December 27, 2003 2:12:00 PM

I hear ya there. I've never used their 'support' either. I don't plan to...but I just found it pretty out there that they charge as much as they do.

----------

TKS
December 27, 2003 2:22:05 PM

If you're using Linux what the hell do you care? The best way to deal with Microshaft anyway is to keep your files backed up, and if all attempts fail, reload the Operating system, or keep a backed up clone drive, which is what I do.

<b><font color=red>HAPPY</font color=red><font color=blue>NEW</font color=blue><font color=orange>YEAR</font color=orange></b>
December 27, 2003 3:22:23 PM

Oh i use both...XP for gaming and linux for server. Macro$uck backs itself up on my network drive daily. I care because my mother-in-law got shafted 99 bucks by them.

----------

TKS
December 28, 2003 6:26:49 AM

that price for support is reasonable. how many people do you think it would take to answer idiots questions like "whats the start button and how do i open it?"?
or how many people would be on the line installing the os with some tech support holding their hand. its just impossible to offer that kind of support. and what support can ms give you that you cant easily find on the internet? anything past that would take a very large undertaking from them and possibly hours of work to recreate the problem. are you insane?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
!