I bought a new pc with xp already installed. It's telling me to make a
recovery cd and also to copy the recovery tools to cd. How do I get a
recovery tools cd or if it's already installed, where is it? Can you please
help?

What do the people you bought it from say??
what does the manual say??
peterk