ATI All in Wonder question w/ Satellite

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
I currently own a Radeon 7500 OEM doing dual displays(2 19" monitors).

In the future, I am strongly considering a Radeon 8500 AIW Retail. Maybe a month or 4 months from now, not sure. I am happy with my 7500, so the 8500 AIW, should not only give me better everyday performance, but also the AIW features.

Is anyone using one of these with their satellite system? I have directTV at home, and was wondering how those 2 can interact with each other. I am hoping I can just get some software and not have to use another receiver. Is that true? or possible?

Thanks in advance :)

<i> If you buy a pre-packaged pc, shame on you </i> :wink:

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
not sure if I understand the question but if you are asking if you will be able to view the satellite channels on the pc without using a DirectTV receiver at that location the answer is probably no......I have the AIW 128 PRO and it's tuner only supports like 125 channels.......the AIW Radeon 8500 will probably support more but not sure how many.

You might be able to find some Canadian s/w to use (receiver emulator?) but more than likely it would not be smiled on by DirectTV

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
That was basically my question. If i'm forced to use another receiver then I may pass on it, unless I can use some s/w.

<i> If you buy a pre-packaged pc, shame on you </i> :wink: