Want to learn OS/Hardware

Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about want learn hardware

    I can personally recommend this book:
    http://www.course.com/catalog/product.cfm?isbn=0-619-21324-8

    Donny Broome
    donny AT broomeman DOT com
    Kill Spyware! Visit:
    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    "XPUser" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
    > about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
    > and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
    > someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA

    For a start, read everything you can in these newsgroups. They are a wealth
    of information.

    Additionally, type in what you are looking for in Google and browse some of
    the top (non paid) responses.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "XPUser" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
    > about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
    > and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
    > someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA

    Thanks for your input guys !! And if anyone also wants to add there
    opinion ? Please do , I will check back to see if anyone else has added
    their opinion ...

    Help and Support on your machine has lots of info.

    Articles for home users
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;consumerindex

    Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx

    Windows XP How-to and Technical Article Resources
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/articlelinks.mspx

    How to Use Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/default.mspx

    Windows XP Professional How-to Resources
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/howto/winxphow.mspx

    Search Help
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=gp;[ln];searchhelp

    Scroll down to read...Advanced Search Options
    Search the Support Knowledge Base (KB)

    How to query the Microsoft Knowledge Base by using keywords and query words
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;242450

    Search the Support Knowledge Base (KB) Community Solutions Content
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=gp;[ln];cmtycntent

    Some of the best Windows XP books
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/HTML/Books.htm

    Microsoft TechNet: Home
    http://technet.microsoft.com/default.aspx

    MSDN Home Page
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/default.aspx

    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit Documentation
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prork_overview.asp

    Microsoft TechNet: Windows XP Professional Product Documentation
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/default.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1126919660.618944.105210@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    XPUser <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi ... Could someone explain what I need to do to learn everything
    > about OS and hardware ? I am a novice user but I have lots of free time
    > and I would like to know as much as I can about computers , So could
    > someone tell me what steps I need to take to learn ? TIA

Hardware Support Microsoft Windows XP