Mel

does the gamecube have a regional protection?

can I play Japan or China games on my gamecude brought in Canada ?

"Mel" <mbourbonREMOVE@caeTHIS.com> writes:
> does the gamecube have a regional protection?

yes

> can I play Japan or China games on my gamecude brought in Canada ?

There's apparently (commercial) software which enables this called
"freeloader". I gather it was intended mostly for playing U.S. games in
europe: I don't know if there are problems with other region
combinations.

There's also a hardware mod you can make to add a switch for switching
between U.S. and Japanese mode (the hardware is identical except for a
single connection on the motherboard). I think various companies offer
a mod service for those who aren't skillful with that sort of thing.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'