Microsoft AntiSpyware

Why does Microsoft AntiSpyware not pick up a trojan on my system when XoftSpy
415 does? The trojan is AGENT.FL Using search, can't find it either. I
always search hidden files, system files, etc. XoftSpy 415 won't delete
AGENT.FL unless I pay them $39.95. None of my other AntiSpyware programs
will pick it up either
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft antispyware

    Have you ran an updated anti virus?
    Further questions about Microsoft AntiSpyware should be asked in the MSAS
    newsgroups:
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why does Microsoft AntiSpyware not pick up a trojan on my system when
    > XoftSpy
    > 415 does? The trojan is AGENT.FL Using search, can't find it either. I
    > always search hidden files, system files, etc. XoftSpy 415 won't delete
    > AGENT.FL unless I pay them $39.95. None of my other AntiSpyware programs
    > will pick it up either

    Info on Win32.Agent.FL
    http://vic.zonelabs.com/body/CA/virusDetails.jsp?VId=43313

    Mor info with some removal instructions using different CA Antivirus
    products
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx?id=43313

    Public forum post on Bullguards website
    http://www.bullguard.com/forum/9/Trojan-dyfucacr-and-agentfl-re_4758.html

    Lists several variants with some links to av software that can find it
    http://www.viruslist.com/en/find?search_mode=full&words=agent.fl

    A forum to help people find and remove malicious software
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2852

    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/
    Rates known anti-spyware software and lists known fake programs and known
    legitimate programs

    "canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why does Microsoft AntiSpyware not pick up a trojan on my system when
    > XoftSpy
    > 415 does? The trojan is AGENT.FL Using search, can't find it either. I
    > always search hidden files, system files, etc. XoftSpy 415 won't delete
    > AGENT.FL unless I pay them $39.95. None of my other AntiSpyware programs
    > will pick it up either

Trojan Support Microsoft Windows XP