Microsoft AntiSpyware

September 17, 2005 12:48:02 AM

Why does Microsoft AntiSpyware not pick up a trojan on my system when XoftSpy
415 does? The trojan is AGENT.FL Using search, can't find it either. I
always search hidden files, system files, etc. XoftSpy 415 won't delete
AGENT.FL unless I pay them $39.95. None of my other AntiSpyware programs
will pick it up either

More about : microsoft antispyware

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 2:57:03 AM

Have you ran an updated anti virus?
Further questions about Microsoft AntiSpyware should be asked in the MSAS
newsgroups:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"canon1a" <canon1a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does Microsoft AntiSpyware not pick up a trojan on my system when
> XoftSpy
> 415 does? The trojan is AGENT.FL Using search, can't find it either. I
> always search hidden files, system files, etc. XoftSpy 415 won't delete
> AGENT.FL unless I pay them $39.95. None of my other AntiSpyware programs
> will pick it up either

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 12:56:06 PM

Info on Win32.Agent.FL
http://vic.zonelabs.com/body/CA/virusDetails.jsp?VId=43...

Mor info with some removal instructions using different CA Antivirus
products
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/virus.aspx...

Public forum post on Bullguards website
http://www.bullguard.com/forum/9/Trojan-dyfucacr-and-ag...

Lists several variants with some links to av software that can find it
http://www.viruslist.com/en/find?search_mode=full&words...

A forum to help people find and remove malicious software
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2852

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/
Rates known anti-spyware software and lists known fake programs and known
legitimate programs

!