Turning on WEP turns off network.

When I enable WEP on the 2Wire 1000HW, and set the clients with the same
Key, the wireless clients will not work, yet the hardwired ones continue to
work. The wireless card software says connected, but I can't browse the
local network or internet. If I turn off WEP, surfing begins. Any
suggestions? I have tried several different keys, they are 64bit Hex.

Thanks,
Bryan
2 answers Last reply
More about turning turns network

    Bryan wrote:

    >When I enable WEP on the 2Wire 1000HW, and set the clients with the same
    >Key, the wireless clients will not work, yet the hardwired ones continue to
    >work. The wireless card software says connected, but I can't browse the
    >local network or internet. If I turn off WEP, surfing begins. Any
    >suggestions? I have tried several different keys, they are 64bit Hex.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bryan

    OS? Settings?

    If you are using windows XP, try turning on the Wireless Zero
    Configuration service and set the wireless device to allow Windows to
    manage the connection.

    "Jerry Park" <NoReply@No.Spam> wrote in message
    > Bryan wrote:
    >
    > >When I enable WEP on the 2Wire 1000HW, and set the clients with the same
    > >Key, the wireless clients will not work, yet the hardwired ones continue
    > >work. The wireless card software says connected, but I can't browse the
    > >local network or internet. If I turn off WEP, surfing begins. Any
    > >suggestions? I have tried several different keys, they are 64bit Hex.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Bryan
    > >

    > OS? Settings?
    >
    > If you are using windows XP, try turning on the Wireless Zero
    > Configuration service and set the wireless device to allow Windows to
    > manage the connection.

    One is XP, the other is 2k Pro. They both react the same way. I will try
    that on XP and see if it makes a difference, but since they both do, i doubt
    (or hope) it will.

    Bryan

Wireless WEP Internet Wireless Networking