"The Contender 2" will feature boxers from the WVBA minor ..

Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

A website is offering a sneak peak at the next season:
http://www.geocities.com/contenderpunchout/
5 answers Last reply
More about contender feature boxers wvba minor
  1. Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

    I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender show,
    because of time committments
  2. Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

    King Hippo wrote:

    > A website is offering a sneak peak at the next season:
    > http://www.geocities.com/contenderpunchout/

    lol You really think there will be a second edition of 'The Contender'?
    :-p Nuh-uh!
  3. Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

    "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender show,
    > because of time committments

    The link is a joke. Albeit one that very few people will actually get. It
    presupposes two pieces of vital knowledge that would put you in two very
    narrow minority catagories:
    1) You have to be one of the few million who have actually watched
    contender.
    2) You have to have played massive amounts of video games in the 80s.

    I happen to be in both of those groups.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

    i meet those criteria.

    that site is frickin hilarious. my fave was pizza pasta, but i think he
    was only on the arcade version.

    Master Dwarf wrote:
    > "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender
    show,
    > > because of time committments
    > >

    > The link is a joke. Albeit one that very few people will actually
    get. It
    > presupposes two pieces of vital knowledge that would put you in two
    very
    > narrow minority catagories:
    > 1) You have to be one of the few million who have actually watched
    > contender.
    > 2) You have to have played massive amounts of video games in the 80s.
    >
    > I happen to be in both of those groups.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

    "Master Dwarf" <master@dwarf.com> wrote in message

    > "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender show,
    >> because of time committments
    >>

    > The link is a joke. Albeit one that very few people will actually get. It
    > presupposes two pieces of vital knowledge that would put you in two very
    > narrow minority catagories:
    > 1) You have to be one of the few million who have actually watched
    > contender.
    > 2) You have to have played massive amounts of video games in the 80s.
    >
    > I happen to be in both of those groups.

    Damn that was a classic

Console Gaming TV Fan Nintendo Games Video Video Games