"The Contender 2" will feature boxers from the WVBA minor ..

Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

A website is offering a sneak peak at the next season:
http://www.geocities.com/contenderpunchout/

Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender show,
because of time committments

King Hippo wrote:

> A website is offering a sneak peak at the next season:
> http://www.geocities.com/contenderpunchout/

lol You really think there will be a second edition of 'The Contender'?
:p Nuh-uh!

"Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
>I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender show,
> because of time committments

The link is a joke. Albeit one that very few people will actually get. It
presupposes two pieces of vital knowledge that would put you in two very
narrow minority catagories:
1) You have to be one of the few million who have actually watched
contender.
2) You have to have played massive amounts of video games in the 80s.

I happen to be in both of those groups.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.boxing,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.survivor,alt.fan.howard-stern (More info?)

i meet those criteria.

that site is frickin hilarious. my fave was pizza pasta, but i think he
was only on the arcade version.

"Master Dwarf" <master@dwarf.com> wrote in message

> "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I just heard sly stallone say there will not be another contender show,
>> because of time committments
>>

> The link is a joke. Albeit one that very few people will actually get. It
> presupposes two pieces of vital knowledge that would put you in two very
> narrow minority catagories:
> 1) You have to be one of the few million who have actually watched
> contender.
> 2) You have to have played massive amounts of video games in the 80s.
>
> I happen to be in both of those groups.

Damn that was a classic