Calling Sherlock Holmes!!!

G

My friend has bought a "Powered by ATI" Radeon 8500, against my advice, and he´s in trouble. I´ve done all I can think of, and really need help! I need to find out what company has made the card to find info/driver update. It´s not on the ATI partner list and the dealer who sold the card can´t help either. There is no info about any company on the box or on the driver cd. It´s called XpertVision Radeon 8500 64MB and is clocked at 280/520?

I´ve searched all over the Net, and I think its made by Daytona, but I can´t find any website! I can find Palit Daytona Microsystems at www.palit.com.tw, but they only sell Nvidia and Sis...

If there are any detectives nearby, please help!

Conehead

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
Usually when I'm stuck with a problem like this, I go to a website called driverguide.com. Then you click on member login (login name is "drivers", password is "all"). Then you follow the instructions and it lets you search for products or drivers by either entering the company name, model name, model number or serial number. Now, if you look on the card, you should be able to find one of these.
With a little bit of detective work of your own, you should be able to find the right number and the appropriate website. I can't guarantee you'll find it, but I've been successful up to now.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people..."

G

I´ve tried that, and didn´t find anything. The model number is: 115DVT102001168.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
If you are unsure of the manufacturer, the only other OEM of Radeon powerered cards (other than the big names like Hercules) that I can remember is Sapphire Technology. I found that website.

<A HREF="http://www.sapphiretech.com/" target="_new">http://www.sapphiretech.com/</A>

<b>Update</b>

Sorry, I didn't see the part number you listed. It's not even close to Sapphire part numbers.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 04/26/02 01:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I´ve been there too, it´s not a Sapphire...

This is really wierd, and damn irritating too!

I´ve contacted ATI, they must know what´s going on, but I´m not sure how long it´ll take for them to reply, probably a long time...

I´ve seen other cards called XpertVision, and they are made by Daytona, but are Rage 128 and Geforce2... I can´t find any XpertVision Radeon 8500, and I can´t find the real Daytona website, only Palit.com.tw (Palit Daytona Microsystems Inc)...

I´m glad I got my Radeon 8500 from a big company, eventhough I had to pay a little extra.

G

The card can use drivers 4.13.9026 4.13.9023 and 4.13.9021, but not 7.68, 7.67 and 7,60.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Done my share of looking for obscure stuff, like finding an LG CDROM firmware update. With OEM stuff I try to make sure updates are available before I buy. However, I couldn't couldn't pass up $22 for 52X CDROM at a computer show. I'm still having problems with it. Some day I will learn my lessons.

No one should have to go through these kind of troubles. I feel for you. Good luck!

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>