mmc.exe hangs all the time

I'm having all the time problems when logging off or shuting down the pc.
after looking if there is an error report, i found the following error in the
event viewer

Type: Error
Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002

Hanging application mmc.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

The above error occurs actually several times while i have the laptop on....
and the "Help and Support Center" wasnt quite helpful.
Can someone help?? Thanks in advance :)
2 answers Last reply
More about hangs time

    You might try updating your sound driver.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for Windows Antispy

    Try http://www.eventid.net

    "StathisS" wrote:

    > I'm having all the time problems when logging off or shuting down the pc.
    > after looking if there is an error report, i found the following error in the
    > event viewer
    >
    > Type: Error
    > Category: (101)
    > Event ID: 1002
    >
    > Hanging application mmc.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, hang module hungapp,
    > version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
    >

    > The above error occurs actually several times while i have the laptop on....
    > and the "Help and Support Center" wasnt quite helpful.
    > Can someone help?? Thanks in advance :)

Support Microsoft Windows XP