Mario Kart: Which version is best?

I was reading some message boards and it seems there are mixed feelings
as to which version is the best. I've played the SNES one the most.
However, since I don't own a N64 nor a Gamecube I've only played those
versions briefly whenever I get a chance to visit my friends. I
consider the original super mario kart a classic and still the best one
due to it's simplicity and replayability. I am mainly into battle mode
and in fact, rarely bother with grand prix or racing. So my question
is, which version do you think is the best one in terms of battle mode
and why?

<rtdizon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I was reading some message boards and it seems there are mixed feelings
> as to which version is the best. I've played the SNES one the most.
> However, since I don't own a N64 nor a Gamecube I've only played those
> versions briefly whenever I get a chance to visit my friends. I
> consider the original super mario kart a classic and still the best one
> due to it's simplicity and replayability. I am mainly into battle mode
> and in fact, rarely bother with grand prix or racing. So my question
> is, which version do you think is the best one in terms of battle mode
> and why?

The SNES one is by far the best for multiplayer. All the other version are
either way to big for just 4 people or poorly designed. Nintendo got it spot
on with the first.

rtdizon@gmail.com wrote:
> I was reading some message boards and it seems there are mixed feelings
> as to which version is the best. I've played the SNES one the most.
> However, since I don't own a N64 nor a Gamecube I've only played those
> versions briefly whenever I get a chance to visit my friends. I
> consider the original super mario kart a classic and still the best one
> due to it's simplicity and replayability. I am mainly into battle mode
> and in fact, rarely bother with grand prix or racing. So my question
> is, which version do you think is the best one in terms of battle mode
> and why?

SNES is best for single player and for multiplayer either in grand prix
or battle mode. Battle mode is best in the first one because the tracks
are super-simple and force you to confront your enemy while at the same
time trying to dodge him. The 3D battle modes are multi-tiered and turn
into mindless looped chases--there is no strategy.

--

Hi

> The SNES one is by far the best for multiplayer. All the other version are
> either way to big for just 4 people or poorly designed. Nintendo got it
> spot on with the first.

Bullshit, both 3D Versions are performing very well and are well designed,
maybe the N64 Version is a little better than the Gamecube Version, but
both are very nice games and fun to play.

chris

"Christoph Kögler" <cronoz@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
>> The SNES one is by far the best for multiplayer. All the other version
>> are either way to big for just 4 people or poorly designed. Nintendo got
>> it spot on with the first.
>
> Bullshit, both 3D Versions are performing very well and are well designed,
> maybe the N64 Version is a little better than the Gamecube Version, but
> both are very nice games and fun to play.
>
> chris

But they pale in comparison to the originals simplicity and mad cap battles.