Revolution Worthy of sales?

All we heard so far about the Nintendo Revolution System Is it will be
able to play All The PAST Nintendo Titles. Whether or not this seems
like a big deal, you can easily do this on your computer with emulators
and Roms. Being able to Play NES Games on a $300.00 System is not going
to push sales skyward IMO.
Being able to play DVD'S CD-RW'S CD-R'S And play music together with
gaming is where all gaming systems should be striving for.
7 answers Last reply
More about revolution worthy sales
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    On 31 May 2005 16:12:38 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

    >eal, you can easily do this on your computer with emulators
    >and Roms. Being able to Play NES Games on a $300.00 System is not going
    >to push sales skyward IMO.

    It's an extra bonus, and while you could emulate these games on a SONY
    or MS console, remember Nintendo would never liscense their old games
    for those systems, so they have that leverage.

    Noone has said how much the Revolution will cost, I am guessing but I
    think Nintendo will release it way below 300 prob 199 to start.

    > Being able to play DVD'S CD-RW'S CD-R'S And play music together with
    >gaming is where all gaming systems should be striving for.

    The Revolution will play DVD's and Cd's.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    SamuelF566@AOL.COM writes:
    > Being able to play DVD'S CD-RW'S CD-R'S And play music together with
    > gaming is where all gaming systems should be striving for.

    Absolutely not. Standard media stuff is already covered by standard consumer
    electronics.

    I don't want to pay for that in a gaming console. I am especially suspicious
    of the XBox 360's "plan" to integrate with/replace everything: all consumer
    electronics, home network, etc.

    I want my consoles to be excellent at gaming as a primary goal, and nothing
    else.

    --
    Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
    The Rhythm has control.

    SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

    > All we heard so far about the Nintendo Revolution System Is it will be
    > able to play All The PAST Nintendo Titles. Whether or not this seems
    > like a big deal, you can easily do this on your computer with emulators
    > and Roms. Being able to Play NES Games on a $300.00 System is not going
    > to push sales skyward IMO.
    > Being able to play DVD'S CD-RW'S CD-R'S And play music together with
    > gaming is where all gaming systems should be striving for.

    Why? My Cd and Dvd players work instantly without the need to boot up.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    <SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
    > All we heard so far about the Nintendo Revolution System Is it will be
    > able to play All The PAST Nintendo Titles. Whether or not this seems
    > like a big deal, you can easily do this on your computer with emulators
    > and Roms. Being able to Play NES Games on a $300.00 System is not going
    > to push sales skyward IMO.
    > Being able to play DVD'S CD-RW'S CD-R'S And play music together with
    > gaming is where all gaming systems should be striving for.

    The backwards compatibility of the Revolution is the *only* thing that
    appeals to me and if they actually deliver on this (which I doubt) and the
    pricing is resonable then I'll buy a revolution. I have no interest in their
    next gen titles at all.

    Wurm
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Wurm wrote:

    > <SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
    >
    >>All we heard so far about the Nintendo Revolution System Is it will be
    >>able to play All The PAST Nintendo Titles. Whether or not this seems
    >>like a big deal, you can easily do this on your computer with emulators
    >>and Roms. Being able to Play NES Games on a $300.00 System is not going
    >>to push sales skyward IMO.
    >> Being able to play DVD'S CD-RW'S CD-R'S And play music together with
    >>gaming is where all gaming systems should be striving for.
    >>

    > The backwards compatibility of the Revolution is the *only* thing that
    > appeals to me and if they actually deliver on this (which I doubt) and the
    > pricing is resonable then I'll buy a revolution. I have no interest in their
    > next gen titles at all.
    >
    > Wurm

    How could you? You don't know what they are.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    greenyammo wrote in rec.games.video.nintendo:

    > Wurm wrote:
    >>
    >> The backwards compatibility of the Revolution is the *only* thing
    >> that appeals to me and if they actually deliver on this (which I
    >> doubt) and the pricing is resonable then I'll buy a revolution. I
    >> have no interest in their next gen titles at all.
    >>
    > How could you? You don't know what they are.

    It's pretty much a slam dunk that Metroid Prime 3 will be a Revolution
    title (if not a launch title). And Mario and Zelda games are practically
    assured for the Revo as well.

    --
    Glenn Shaw • Indianapolis, IN USA
    To reply by e-mail, remove "nospam" and swap "cast" and "net"

    Yes indeed, but those *are* just titles, nobody has seen any footage yet
    (apart from that brief snip of metroid).
    Unless you've disliked all the Metroids, Mario's and Zelda's previously
    your comment isn't valid since you have no idea what the actual games
    will be like.
    Then indeed if you hate Nintendo's major titles so much why are you
    interested in the back catalogue? - bearing in mind that they have said
    that they are only releasing nintendo games not ones produced by a third
    parties.

    Aren't you jumping the gun just a little?

    Glenn Shaw wrote:
    > greenyammo wrote in rec.games.video.nintendo:
    >

    >>Wurm wrote:
    >>
    >>>The backwards compatibility of the Revolution is the *only* thing
    >>>that appeals to me and if they actually deliver on this (which I
    >>>doubt) and the pricing is resonable then I'll buy a revolution. I
    >>>have no interest in their next gen titles at all.
    >>>

    >>How could you? You don't know what they are.
    >

    > It's pretty much a slam dunk that Metroid Prime 3 will be a Revolution
    > title (if not a launch title). And Mario and Zelda games are practically
    > assured for the Revo as well.

Console Gaming Games Nintendo Video Games