Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Using a Nextel phone as a modem?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 6:35:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

I would like to use my Nextel phone as a modem....but Nextel wants to charge
me a service charge...in order to let me dial-up my *own* ISP.

I know I need a USB cord...but what else do I need in order to dial up my
ISP with my nextel phone?

Thanks for your help.

Me

More about : nextel phone modem

February 8, 2005 4:26:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

"Meself" <n5699s202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:bsWNd.2551$ng6.1256@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> I would like to use my Nextel phone as a modem....but Nextel wants to
charge
> me a service charge...in order to let me dial-up my *own* ISP.
>
> I know I need a USB cord...but what else do I need in order to dial up my
> ISP with my nextel phone?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Me
>
>

Man that's ridiculous, Nextel wants to charge you for using "their" network
to dial "your" isp. I would switch to any other carrier because they all
let you do that for free now.
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 5:46:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

It certainly is....I was hoping that someone in this group could tell me how
to use the i90 as a modem when I connect it with the USB cable to my laptop.

Anyone?

Thanks!


"shawn" <sbainer@xxxxxxxxx.rr.com> wrote in message
news:n63Od.22600$i42.12103@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
>
> Man that's ridiculous, Nextel wants to charge you for using "their"
> network
> to dial "your" isp. I would switch to any other carrier because they all
> let you do that for free now.

> "Meself" <n5699s202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> news:bsWNd.2551$ng6.1256@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>> I would like to use my Nextel phone as a modem....but Nextel wants to
> charge
>> me a service charge...in order to let me dial-up my *own* ISP.
>>
>> I know I need a USB cord...but what else do I need in order to dial up my
>> ISP with my nextel phone?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Me
>>
>>
>

>
>
February 15, 2005 3:32:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

I might be wrong but I think you need a drive to make the usb cable to work
I use a serial cable to use my i90 as a modem plus I also have a older
Nextel internet plan which I can use my phone as a modem and it works by
eatting my cell mins so I usally wait til the nights or weekend to I need to
be online since it only works at 19k just enough speed to get you emails
"Meself" <n5699s202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:LPeOd.27319$by5.25488@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> It certainly is....I was hoping that someone in this group could tell me
> how to use the i90 as a modem when I connect it with the USB cable to my
> laptop.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> "shawn" <sbainer@xxxxxxxxx.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:n63Od.22600$i42.12103@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
>>
>> Man that's ridiculous, Nextel wants to charge you for using "their"
>> network
>> to dial "your" isp. I would switch to any other carrier because they all
>> let you do that for free now.
>
>> "Meself" <n5699s202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>> news:bsWNd.2551$ng6.1256@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>>> I would like to use my Nextel phone as a modem....but Nextel wants to
>> charge
>>> me a service charge...in order to let me dial-up my *own* ISP.
>>>
>>> I know I need a USB cord...but what else do I need in order to dial up
>>> my
>>> ISP with my nextel phone?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> Me
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>>
>>
>
>
!