IE runtime error, Google Toolbar

September 17, 2005 2:12:01 PM

When I try to launch Internet Explorer, I get the following error message pop
up: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
Runtime error: Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information".

IE won't launch. Any suggestions what I do to fix this?

Additionally how do I disable google toolbar if I can't even get into IE to
disable it? So aggravated right now. Please help.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 8:03:02 PM

"MissAnnie7712" wrote:

> When I try to launch Internet Explorer, I get the following error message pop
> up: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
> Runtime error: Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
> Please contact the applications support team for more information".
>
> IE won't launch. Any suggestions what I do to fix this?
>
> Additionally how do I disable google toolbar if I can't even get into IE to
> disable it? So aggravated right now. Please help.

Uninstall the google toolbar and ditch it; get a9 or yahoo toolbar. If this
doesn't work either, ditch IE and switch to Mozilla Firefox.It's much better
and doesn't crash on me as much as IE6 does. You can download it at
www.mozilla.org

If you experience any problems, post it here and I'll try to help.

-Ken C.
New Delhi, India.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:25:03 AM

Dear MissAnnie7712
I hit exactly the same problem. I also cannot close MS Word without
generating error messages. The problem may be linked to IE. By using system
restore I got IE to work again, but after closure I hit the same problem. I
hope to obtain a solution soon.
--
Tom the Rev

"MissAnnie7712" wrote:

> When I try to launch Internet Explorer, I get the following error message pop
> up: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
> Runtime error: Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
> This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
> Please contact the applications support team for more information".
>
> IE won't launch. Any suggestions what I do to fix this?
>
> Additionally how do I disable google toolbar if I can't even get into IE to
> disable it? So aggravated right now. Please help.
September 18, 2005 6:37:05 PM

Go into your add and remove program in your control panel.

!