Administrator Password to Initiate Recovery

My mother has a Dell - it became seriously unusable - we are trying
reinstall/repair with the reinstallation disk - it prompts for an
administrator password - my mother purchased this Dell via phone order and it
was ready to go upon receipt - we are at a loss for where to retrieve this
adminstrator password - PLEASE ADVISE
1 answer Last reply
More about administrator password initiate recovery

    MrsDynoDoug wrote:
    > My mother has a Dell - it became seriously unusable - we are trying
    > reinstall/repair with the reinstallation disk - it prompts for an
    > administrator password - my mother purchased this Dell via phone order and it
    > was ready to go upon receipt - we are at a loss for where to retrieve this
    > adminstrator password - PLEASE ADVISE

    The password being requested is that of the built-in
    _Administrator_ account, not the password for any other administrative
    user accounts that the computer's owner may have created. Unless the
    owner deliberately set the Administrator's password via the Management
    Console (_not_ the Control Panel), it's probably still blank. WinXP
    Pro asks the installer to set the Administrator's password during
    installation, but WinXP Home doesn't.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: