Success

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2005 4:04:25 PM

Makes me laugh how everybody thinks Nintendo isn't successful, I mean,
haven't they actually made more profit than MS & Sony through the videogames
industry?

Yet, success is measured on units sold - don't think so.

Kev

More about : success

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 4:36:11 PM

Oh yeah, they've definitely made more of a profit. I read that SONY
breaks even and XBOX has only once been out of the red. Nintendo
doesn't loose much money on consoles, like their competition. Probably
because they can't afford to. I think this is why we didn't see a
rechargable battery until the GBA SP.

And don't forget, the DS is beating the PSP in Japan. Probably due to
Nintendogs.
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 9:51:09 PM

"mrnull" <mrnull@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Oh yeah, they've definitely made more of a profit. I read that SONY
> breaks even and XBOX has only once been out of the red. Nintendo
> doesn't loose much money on consoles, like their competition. Probably
> because they can't afford to. I think this is why we didn't see a
> rechargable battery until the GBA SP.
>
> And don't forget, the DS is beating the PSP in Japan. Probably due to
> Nintendogs.

The Japanese market is more willing to play off beat games. The American
market seems to like rehashes mostly.
!