Success

Makes me laugh how everybody thinks Nintendo isn't successful, I mean,
haven't they actually made more profit than MS & Sony through the videogames
industry?

Yet, success is measured on units sold - don't think so.

Kev
2 answers Last reply
More about success
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    Oh yeah, they've definitely made more of a profit. I read that SONY
    breaks even and XBOX has only once been out of the red. Nintendo
    doesn't loose much money on consoles, like their competition. Probably
    because they can't afford to. I think this is why we didn't see a
    rechargable battery until the GBA SP.

    And don't forget, the DS is beating the PSP in Japan. Probably due to
    Nintendogs.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?)

    "mrnull" <mrnull@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Oh yeah, they've definitely made more of a profit. I read that SONY
    > breaks even and XBOX has only once been out of the red. Nintendo
    > doesn't loose much money on consoles, like their competition. Probably
    > because they can't afford to. I think this is why we didn't see a
    > rechargable battery until the GBA SP.
    >
    > And don't forget, the DS is beating the PSP in Japan. Probably due to
    > Nintendogs.

    The Japanese market is more willing to play off beat games. The American
    market seems to like rehashes mostly.

Console Gaming Games Video Nintendo Video Games