laptop not starting

hi all, i have a laptop with windows xp sp2. i was using spybot search
and destroy and it said id need to restart to fix one of the problems
so i did but my laptop didnt start up it got to the screen after the
scrolling bar and before u get the list of acounts to log into in my
case the screen is an orange background with compaq logo then it just
shutsdown and trys again an just keeps goin like that. im not bothered
about fixing properly cause of the spyware and stuff on it so i just
want to format the c drive and reinstall windows.but i need to copy
some of the files from mydocuments to the second partition on the
hardrive. this is the first time iv had a problem with my laptop and
before i just had a pc so i would use a win98 start disc to get in the
command prompt mode and do what i needed but my laptop doesnt have a
floppy disc drive.i tried using the windows xp install cd with the fix
current windows instalation with repair console thing but that wont let
me access mydocs.i also tried to start in safe mode with command prompt
by pressing f8 during startup but that has the same problem as starting
normaly. i have a memory stick slot in the laptop and a dvd writer on
the comp im using just now is it possible to make a startup disc with
either of these that will jsut start a command prompt and will give me
access to my docs.
thanks in advance, martin

--
marco flash

marco flash wrote:
> i tried using the windows xp install cd with the fix
> current windows instalation with repair console thing but that wont let
> me access mydocs.

I assume this means you cannot access "My Documents". If so, then you
should be able to access your documents folder from
C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Documents.

---
No question is difficult if you know the answer.