Gainward TI4400

G

OK this is my first post, but I have been reading the forums here for quite awhile. I just now have something I believe is important to talk about. I ordered a Gainward TI4400 video card, and when I got it come to find out it was defective. I tried it in all five of my PC's, and each one the same thing. Not long after that I started reading costumer reviews on Newegg about this product, and I was not the only one who got a bad vid card. I don't want to see Gainward start slipping in their QA department, but come on. How can a high end video card company let things like this slip? This one incident has not moved me away from Gainward or Geforce, (even though I have both ATI and Geforce video cards) I will just think twice from now on when ever I think about buying a Gainward video card.

crench

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Hey sto, I just received the same Gainward today and I'm able to boot to my W2k desktop but the display is full of uniformly dispersed "boxes" of either black or random colors. I haven't fully investigated it yet, but is this similar to the problem you had? It occurs with the 'standard display adapter' installed and with the nvidia driver.

G

Yes, that was one of the problems. The boxes formed kind of a checkerboard. I also found out that some of the first Gainward cards were shipped with bad memory. If you contact Gainward they say that they will replace it in 48 hours. I just RMA'ed my card with Newegg.

TRENDING THREADS