How to change font size of tool bars and task bar

Somehow the font size of my tool bars and drop down munus have
increased in size - so has the task bar fonts and icons.

I would like to change the size if possible and wonder if someone can
advise me on the proceedure.

Thanks in advance

Frank
3 answers Last reply
More about change font size tool bars task

    Frank,

    If you've made any modifications in the Display Properties - Appearance Tab,
    the changes may be applied to the Taskbar as well. I think changing the
    Caption Buttons changes the apperance of Taskbar as well, according to the
    information I got from David Candy. So in a nutshell, one of these might
    help you reset the Taskbar's appearance to defaults.
    1. Inspect the settings under Accessibility Options (Display)
    2. Set the theme back to Windows XP (If it reads as Windows XP (Modified). ]
    3. Compare the registry settings with a new user profile
    ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics )
    4. Try a System Restore rollback

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ECLiPSE 2002" <fdm2000@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > Somehow the font size of my tool bars and drop down munus have
    > increased in size - so has the task bar fonts and icons.
    >
    > I would like to change the size if possible and wonder if someone can
    > advise me on the proceedure.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >

    > Frank

    Thank you for the assistance Ramesh, I will explore your suggestions

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:56:32 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
    <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:

    >Frank,
    >
    >If you've made any modifications in the Display Properties - Appearance Tab,
    >the changes may be applied to the Taskbar as well. I think changing the
    >Caption Buttons changes the apperance of Taskbar as well, according to the
    >information I got from David Candy. So in a nutshell, one of these might
    >help you reset the Taskbar's appearance to defaults.
    >1. Inspect the settings under Accessibility Options (Display)
    >2. Set the theme back to Windows XP (If it reads as Windows XP (Modified). ]
    >3. Compare the registry settings with a new user profile
    > ( HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics )
    >4. Try a System Restore rollback
  3. all icons and fonts are too small how do i change it

Font Microsoft Windows XP