download ringtones to me i830

i have an i830 and a CD with tons of ringtones and I have the USB cable.

i cannot figure out how to get them into my phone.

Anyone with any advice I would appreciate it thanks

Dan Cardillo
7325583368
6 answers Last reply
More about download ringtones i830
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    hi dan
    check out idenmasters.com/forum for the needed software.
    if you have any questions pm the admin
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Dan

    Go to the Motorola site
    http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/html/media_download.html

    And download the Media Downloader application.

    Install the Media Downloader on your computer.

    Start the program and then connect the USB cable to your iDEN phone.

    You will see an Explorer type window which allows the file transfers you
    require.

    Dick

    "danny c" <mrdillo@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >i have an i830 and a CD with tons of ringtones and I have the USB cable.
    >
    > i cannot figure out how to get them into my phone.
    >
    > Anyone with any advice I would appreciate it thanks
    >
    > Dan Cardillo
    > 7325583368

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Dan
    Sorry, I gave you the wrong file for an i830.
    On the page
    http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/showSoftwareDownloads.do
    download file called "iDEN Update Software Application - your source for
    iDEN digital items"
    Dick

    "danny c" <mrdillo@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >i have an i830 and a CD with tons of ringtones and I have the USB cable.
    >
    > i cannot figure out how to get them into my phone.
    >
    > Anyone with any advice I would appreciate it thanks
    >
    > Dan Cardillo
    > 7325583368

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I downloaded and have used the updater before.

    I could not get the software to find my ringtones on my computer and to have
    them downloaded.

    Any suggestions and any other way I can do this I will try it.

    "11 East News Server" <clms11@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Dan
    > Sorry, I gave you the wrong file for an i830.
    > On the page
    > http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/showSoftwareDownloads.do
    > download file called "iDEN Update Software Application - your source for
    > iDEN digital items"
    > Dick
    >

    > "danny c" <mrdillo@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >i have an i830 and a CD with tons of ringtones and I have the USB cable.
    > >
    > > i cannot figure out how to get them into my phone.
    > >
    > > Anyone with any advice I would appreciate it thanks
    > >
    > > Dan Cardillo
    > > 7325583368

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:18:18 GMT, 11 East News Server wrote:

    > Go to the Motorola site
    > http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/html/media_download.
    > html
    >
    > And download the Media Downloader application.

    Unfortunately, that only transfers files from the phone to the PC. The OP
    (and myself on an i860) is hoping to find a way to transfer from PC to phone.

    I've seen references to webJal (or something like that), but I get very
    discouraged whenever I do a google search for it. It seems that there are
    tons of sites out there using it in meta tags and in hidden text (white on
    white) just to raise their search engine hits without actually having
    anything on the site about webJal. I never did find the program itself. Maybe
    I gave up too soon?

    Last time I looked, I wondered if there is even a legal version available. I
    seem to recall seeing the word 'patch' used on several sites along with
    instructions - and even on those sites, no link to the program itself.

    By all means, correct me if I'm wrong. A link to the program might be
    helpful, too.

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)

    On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:57:25 GMT, Mark A. Boyd wrote:

    > I've seen references to webJal (or something like that), but I get very
    > discouraged whenever I do a google search for it.

    Much better luck today with a different search engin. Installed easily & it's
    workin' fine with my i860.

    Sorry for the noise.

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)

Nextel Download Internet Service Providers