Wireless & PDA connection question

Hi all,
I'm trying to connect my Dell Axim X30 to my wireless network.
The dell has an integrated wireless card.
I'm using Windows mobile 2003 on my handheld.
Windows XP on the desktop and am using a Microsoft wireless base station
(Model Number MN-700) as an access point with the most current version
firmware. The access point is using DHCP and am connecting the computers
via mac filtering.
I'm able to see the access point on the handheld computer and can even
connect to it but am unable to connect to the internet.
I'm using time warner cable internet as my ISP. I have DHCP set on my
pda as well.
I should let you know that I have successfully wirelessly connected a
desktop to my wireless network.
I'd appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
maddog
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless connection question

    jerry wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm trying to connect my Dell Axim X30 to my wireless network.
    > The dell has an integrated wireless card.
    > I'm using Windows mobile 2003 on my handheld.
    > Windows XP on the desktop and am using a Microsoft wireless base station
    > (Model Number MN-700) as an access point with the most current version
    > firmware. The access point is using DHCP and am connecting the computers
    > via mac filtering.
    > I'm able to see the access point on the handheld computer and can even
    > connect to it but am unable to connect to the internet.
    > I'm using time warner cable internet as my ISP. I have DHCP set on my
    > pda as well.
    > I should let you know that I have successfully wirelessly connected a
    > desktop to my wireless network.
    > I'd appreciate any feedback.
    > Thanks
    > maddog
    I found out what the problem was.
    I had my routers wireless mode in g performance, once i changed it to
    mixed b compatible. I was able to connect. I can connect wirelessly from
    6 floors down in my apartment building.

Wireless Connection Internet Wireless Networking